Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prorace for my Supra - Questions

Hi Guys,

I'm buying a Ninco Supra over the internet and I also wanted to buy some prorace parts for it, so I've been looking into the 31/13 gear set (for commercial tracks). It seems that this gear set requires the prorace axle. Ninco currently offers 2 lengths on their prorace axles - 51.5 mm and 53.5 mm. Do any of you know which one would fit the Supra?

Also, do the prorace Shore A25 tires require aluminum wheels or do they fit the standard Supra wheels? Which aluminum wheels would I need, 18" or 17" (rear)

And last...do the Prorace Ball bearing bushings bring any perceived benefit on Commercial tracks?

There are quite a few hopped up Nincos at my track and I'm tired of getting my butt kicked, so I've decided to join them at their game!

Thanks!!!

Good questions. I ran a Supra with ProRace parts at the World Cup Qualifier in Atlanta, so here goes:

53.5 mm rear axle
    The Shore A25's don't require the aluminum wheels, but you'd be cheating yourself by not getting the aluminum wheels. One of the best drivers in the regional event in Cincinnati spun a plastic wheel off the axle during the race.
    I ran with the ball bearings at the qualifier. I liked them.
    Definitely get a ProRace guide. Not joking.
    31/13 is good.

I hope that helps.

Comment

Thanks El Secundo!

That was perfect and timely!

Just one question remained. If I'm getting the Shore A-25 tyres ref.80516 which wheel set should I get. I'm thinking only the rear set - do you agree?

BTW, how'd you do on that qualifier?

Huge Thanks!!!

Comment

As for the guides you recommended, prorace has one with a spring and another one without. The spring guide sounds very interesting...am I right?

Comment

I would recommend the guide without the spring and small wheels up front. Have the nose as low as possible and keep it there.

Comment

First of all, on the supra you need the guide with the spring. Secondly, is this car going to be mag or no mag. If no mag than the ball bearing are a must. how big is the track b/c the
            31/13 is a lot of bottom end and will top out quickly on the straights.

Comment

Ninco

I'm interested in this set-up too.

how big is the track b/c the
              31/13 is a lot of bottom end and will top out quickly on the straights.
              You sure about that?
              31/13 is a 2.38 ratio. Definitely won't have any problems topping out with that ratio.

Terry

Comment

My mistake I thought that you were refering to the 11/33(Blue) gear and not the 13/31(Red) Gear.

Comment

How do the ball bearings help with a no mag set up?

Best regards,
                  Brian

Comment

Thanks for all the advice guys! I race non-mag at a modified blue king track, which is the longest 1/32 track I've seen. 13/31 is the ratio for me!

I just need to figure out what size aluminum wheels to get, then!

I'll post the results when I get this little machine all set up!

Comment

Originally posted by Fredveromatt View Post
                      Just one question remained. If I'm getting the Shore A-25 tyres ref.80516 which wheel set should I get. I'm thinking only the rear set - do you agree?

BTW, how'd you do on that qualifier?
                      Not sure about the part numbers, but the 18" wides in back are good, and the 15" narrows up front -- very nice. I'd recommend using a harder compound tire up front, like the 15" rally tires.

I made a big tuning mistake the day of the qualifier that slowed me down a bit, but the car handled very nicely with those wheels/tires/guide/gears. All in all, it performed very well.

Comment

Originally posted by ElSecundo View Post
                        I made a big tuning mistake the day of the qualifier that slowed me down a bit, but the car handled very nicely with those wheels/tires/guide/gears. All in all, it performed very well.

Oh hush. Like you needed anymore speed.

But yes, run the 18inch wide rear wheels. The 31/13 gears paired with these wheels and Ninco's stock or performance tire will give you screaming speeds down the straights. You may also want to check on what motor they are running. They may be running NC-6's or possibly some NSR Kings. You will definately need that! The NC-5 can turn the red pro-race gear just fine though. Plenty of torque.

From my experiences, the ball bearings really don't make a noticable difference. As long as you oil up your stock bushings, they work just fine. I'd rather spend the cash on an extra set of tires or some spare pro-race wheels since they seem to bend quite easily.

Everyone has pretty much answered your questions. But I'd like to throw out that the pro-race axle isn't required to run the pro-race gears and pro-race wheels. Only benefit I see with the pro-race axle is that it is already polished. But you can also polish your stock axle where it slips into the bushing to reduce friction (they polish themselves just by running the car over time as well). There may also be a weight difference between the stock axle and pro-race axle, but I have not bothered to actually weight each.

Comment

Slowed him down... ?

Originally posted by ElSecundo View Post
                          Not sure about the part numbers, but the 18" wides in back are good, and the 15" narrows up front -- very nice. I'd recommend using a harder compound tire up front, like the 15" rally tires.

Kurt's tuning mistake was to be in a lane next to my profanity?
                          Kurt knows of what he speaks, he blew our doors off... at JD's in Atlanta. 457ft long with 3 straights 50'+. http://www.jdmodelraceways.com/jd.htm

I had all the same stuff except the ball bearings. Maybe that's why I was slower down the straights... If you are running Ninco World Cup Super GT rules, you must have the guide spring, although you can squash it. Do use the ProRace guide and braids which are softer, so they don't lift the guide out.

Kerry

Comment

Working...
                          X