Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ascari GT(anglewinder?)

jw as its still gone unanswered

Wouldn't it be best to ask in the Ninco Nurnberg thread here? This way the guy who was there might be able to answer your question

Comment

The Ascari's have anglewinder power!!

Think Red!
      Bob/NINCO1

Bob/NINCO1

Comment

ty ty bob..finally an answer :P

what about left side or right side motor position..like say nsx/supra vs mosler/megane?

inquiring minds would also like to know!
        Last edited by FateSaint; 02-12-2007, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Fate,
          It's Mosler/Megane.... (gears on drivers side of chassis).

Think Red!
          Bob/NINCO1

Bob/NINCO1

Comment

Hmm, if the motor positioning is similar to the Mosler's...I see a new JD Modelraceways NSR 38.5k bullet coming on to the picture. The car looks lean and low. Perfect.

Comment

Quote: "It's Mosler/Megane.... (gears on drivers side of chassis)"

But which side is the driver's side; left or right hand drive?

...and does it matter?

Comment

screwneck,
                Here in the USA, we sit on the left side of a car wide enough to have two seats.
                In the UK (as an example), the driver sits on the right.

Does it matter? It mattered to fateSaint, and as such he may be willing to provide an explanation as to why he wanted this information.

Think Red!
                Bob/NINCO1
                Last edited by NINCO1; 03-20-2007, 03:51 PM.

Bob/NINCO1

Comment

AW's have all the pro-race goodies Bob! Plus, they perform pretty well.

Here's why I'll get one though.

At JD's we race NSR 38,500 powered magged AW Nincos. If you get an NSR 38.5k and touch the lead wires to a power supply wired up the NSX/Supra way, it has a lower maximum rev than the Mosler/Megane way. I have no explanation for this, and this applies to every single 38,500 motor I've had and everyone elses at the track.

The motor positioning causes the motor to be wired backwards on the Mosler/Megane way, and for some reason is giving this NSR 38,500 higher revs.

Is there a technical explanation for this? I don't know much about electric motors. But is this possibly timing related where the timing is possibly advanced when turning the other way? Just talkin out of the blue here...

Comment

It certainly does sound like it could be timing / the way the motor was set up at the factory.
                    It's possible that Robert Livingston can be found somewhere on SCI for his comments. He is heavily into motors and motor testing and can probably shed some factual light about this NSR motor.
                    Think Red!
                    Bob/NINCO1

Bob/NINCO1

Comment

any idea of when the ascari club car will be available?

Comment

Originally posted by NINCO1 View Post
                        screwneck,
                        Here in the USA, we sit on the left side of a car wide enough to have two seats.
                        In the UK (as an example), the driver sits on the right.
                        Does anyone else find it odd that the Ascari; which is mainly raced in the Spanish GT series, and is named after an Italian F1 driver, is built by an English company and it's left hand drive?!?!?

Originally posted by NINCO1 View Post
                        It certainly does sound like it could be timing / the way the motor was set up at the factory.

You are correct Bob. It has to do with the timing of the comm.

PS

Since Ninco seem to into odd GT cars right now maybe we could convince them to make the Gillet Vertigo. They're left hand drive too.

Comment

I have no date or price at this time for the Ascari Club Car #4.
                          As soon as I do, "everyone" will know!

Think Red!
                          Bob/NINCO1

Bob/NINCO1

Comment

Originally posted by LSIntegra94 View Post
                            Does anyone else find it odd that the Ascari; which is mainly raced in the Spanish GT series, and is named after an Italian F1 driver, is built by an English company and it's left hand drive?!?!?

You can add another nationality to that list: the head of the company, Klaas Zwart, is Dutch. The market for those exotics is very small and most of them are sold in countries with right hand traffic, so it makes sense from a commercial point of view to make hem LHD.

Comment

Ninco Bob??

Any idea when the other new liveries....other than the new Club Car....might be available?

That orange Mosler is a "must have". Easy for my aging eyes to follow on the track.

TOJ

Comment

Working...
                              X