Lapcounter/Timer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lapcounter/Timer

Hi guys, hope someone can give me advice. I currently have a Scalextric Sport lapcounter/Timer installed on my analogue Ninco track. I see that Nico released their new lapcounter, ( the bridge thingy ). Does anyone have any experience with that particular lapcounter? Would it be worthwhile to convert to the Ninco counter? Is the Ninco product a lapcounter and timer? Does it have any other functions?
    As usual I cannot find any info on the Ninco website, I sometimes wonder why they bother.
    Last edited by Crash!; 02-20-2007, 03:56 AM.

Hey Crash, the New Ninco laptimer is brand New, and nobody has one yet, but if you go to the second page of this Ninco forum, you'll find as much information as we know, Ill even provide you a link

http://slotcarillustrated.com/portal...ad.php?t=11869

Bob, might provide you more answers, but until then, this is what we know

J Mac

Comment

Thanks, that clears up some of my questions.

Comment

There aren't any more answers..... I've been using it for a few weeks and it works!! There's nothing else to say except that I'll (MRC) be shipping it this week.

Think Red!
        Bob/NINCO1

Bob/NINCO1

Comment

Ninco Timer

Now for a 4 lap version...? Perhaps a computer link up???

Comment

I think you mean 4 lane.
            No plans for a computer linkup.

Think Red!
            Bob/NINCO1

Bob/NINCO1

Comment

The New Ninco Universal Lap Counter Rocks If You Only Need A Two Lane Counter. I'm Using One And Love It. Ninco Bob Has Them For $87.00

Comment

They've been shipped to dealers who ordered them a while back, so there's plenty of them around. But, if you can't find one, order it directly from our website..... but please try your NINCO dealer first or get in touch with Alan here at SCI.

Think Red!
                Bob/NINCO1

Bob/NINCO1

Comment

I just got the Ninco lap counter recently, and it works terrific! It is so nice have a laptimer, especially when your using the track alone. The only thing I wish it has was a backlit screen so it was easier to read.

Comment

...capri,
                    Yep, the lap counter works great! I can't disagree with you,.... backlights are nice, but they eat up battery power, and also would make the unit more expensive. But as you can see, the numbers are dark and crisp so the display is easy to see.

Think Red!
                    Bob/NINCO1

Bob/NINCO1

Comment

You can always shine a small light on the lap counter display to improve visibility. I got a small reading light that connects to your ear at the local grocery store. It works great for brightening up the display on my N-Digital control tower.

Best regards,
                      Brian

Comment

light

Dear Brian,

Can you post a photo of your light that you are using.

Peter

Comment

Lap Counter/Timer

Really portable no hookups...4 AA Batteries and you are set for two lane action. Getting creative, having it set over my track with the KIT 4 Installed (uses the opposite side track for 1 person racing, I can see the differences in my lap times lane 1/lane 2 and see just how I am running on my uphill or down hill track portions. Hopefully I will be able to work on my worst times (Downhill, right now) and gain the speed I need to make me a better driver. Personally using overhead flourscent 48" lamps I don't have any problem reading the times. Now If I really had the money, I'd buy a system that connected to my computer and allow it to keep my times, and what car(S) I was using. Right now, I'm positive that an NC2 is ALL the speed I need. I have found launch mode already twice... I think a MUCH larger track is in store for me and m basement as well as a Pyramid Variable Vdc Power Supply... That and the NEW digital NINCO Controller (Rheostat).

Comment

i run fly trucks will the trucks clear the lap couter or wil they hit it. i cant live with out my fly trucks. i dont want to buy this if i cant use it with my trucks.

Comment

Vision,
                              I don't have any Fly trucks that I can test and see. However, if they are 1/32 scale and less than 3 1/4" high, you should be ok.

Think Red!
                              Bob/NINCO1

Bob/NINCO1

Comment

Working...
                              X