Ninco Moslers vs Monogram March 83Gs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ninco Moslers vs Monogram March 83Gs

I chipped these figuring I'd run them as the 2nd class of cars I'd be racing on my layout (after the NASCARs) but I can't, at least not yet. They handling and speeds are way different! I suppose I could do some tuning and get them closer, but it's easier to just run 2 seperate classes. I'm sitting here watching the German Touring cars on Speed channel and am thinking that DTM will be the next class. I have a few so, I might be needing a couple more (watch for me to be looking to buy or trade in the Marketplace). Here's a pic of my Marches and Moslers. The #24 March is to irritate my 22 year old son. LOL. Thanks to OJB and Brian for the 2 Red Lobsters Marches I have now. 1 got chipped, the other will stay in it's box.....

Last edited by Bill Plude; 03-05-2007, 11:32 AM.

So how healthy is the March?

Originally posted by Bill Plude View Post
    I chipped these figuring I'd run them as the 2nd class of cars I'd be racing on my layout (after the NASCARs) but I can't, at least not yet. They handling and speeds are way different! I suppose I could do some tuning and get them closer, but
    Bill, I am running (so far) 2 Ninco Moslers, one in stock form, one with NC-6 and Pro-Race running gear.
    On Ninco the Pro-Race is faster and smoother and on wood .. oh yeah, the same. Both run reasonably smooth, both are "amateur tuned" ie, about 90% as good as I'll get them.

I have been twitching, looking at the Blue Thunder March still in it's box, . . .do I . . . or don't I . . . .

So can you give me the "economical" review on both for straight line, and handling characteristics.
    If you run both ways, ie, with and without magnets, that would be particularly telling.

After racing classics, Ninco raids and some GT cars no-mag on smooth plastic last week in Australia, I am itching to see our club open some non-mag classes . . .

Comment

The March's....

.....are geared very tall, try dropping a few teeth on the pinion.
      I think the stock one is a 14!! That should bring them to life.

TOJ

Comment

Just curious why you would want to race the March (80's prototype) against the Mosler (modern GT)?

Comment

I haven't done much with them Slots. I will say those Marches do scream on my 24' straight! Tough to control in the R1 turns. TOJ probably hit the nail on the head with the gearing suggestion. I also read somewhere that I should put the outside border pieces on before the safety walls to gige the cars "drift room". Sounds like I'm ordering some stuff. Haven't done much with anything the last week. I'm going to get that variable power supply in the other thread and try them without magnets.

As for your question about running them against each other Pete,
          They handling and speeds are way different! I suppose I could do some tuning and get them closer, but it's easier to just run 2 seperate classes.
          Last edited by Bill Plude; 03-11-2007, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X