Mastertrack

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mastertrack

I'm Thinking of building a small Rally track. Anyone have any experience with the "off road" MaterTrack kit? Would it be to rough for Ninco Classic/ Carrera, Scaley stuff( is the rough surface and bridge sections geared toward rge Ninco Cars with working suspenson)? or would it be better to use the "road kit and add either some "snow" or "off road" sections?

Thanks,
    Bob

Well the Master Raid looks really nice. I haven't driven one though.

If you wnat to go that route, move quickly because it is now discontinued......

Comment

Rally Mastertrack

Thanks for that bit of info.
      Well that kind of solves my dilema, guess I'll see what I can design with my leftover Scaley sport track and maybe work in some Ninco or Scaley "classic" specialty pieces!

Bob

Comment

I was thinking of getting this too. I noticed all the online shops were sold out.

Comment

rough stuff

Having a large raid set-up I can say that Scaley cars are definatly out, the Ninco classics can handle it due to the suspension guide flag they have, most brands other than ninco will pop out of the slot more than you may care to prefer,it is very very rough.

Comment

I have found that the Fly and Scalextric rally cars will not stay on Ninco's off-road track. Panzer is right, they will pop out of the slot too often, mostly due to the "bumpiness" (is that a word? ) of the track.

My Ninco Porsche 911s however work really well on it, and of course, the Ninco RAID cars/trucks are the best.

Comment

Does anyone know why the Raid Master Track was discontinued?

Comment

My local hobby shop still has a few of these left and I was tempted to buy one, it looks pretty cool!

Comment

JJ,
                  The Mastertrack Raid set 20126 was designed to "test the waters" with a full RAID layout. It appears that even in Europe, (the land of Rally & RAID racing) guys preferred to just buy Raid track sections and insert them as part of a larger multisurface circuit. With this and other factors, the decision was made to discontinue the set.

Think Red!
                  Bob/NINCO1

Bob/NINCO1

Comment

That is too bad. It looked like a lot of track for the $. I just started adding off road sections to my Scalex layout using the adaptors. So for I have the Dune and the off road turn. That Dune section is a blast. I might have to buy another to do a crazy hill section.

Is there any chance of the hill sections of the Dune kit being offered by themselves. If I purchase another kit and use it next to the other Dune section, the off road to blacktop half straights are useless.

Comment

There are no plans to offer the hill sections as a standalone part.

Think Red!
                      Bob/NINCO1

Bob/NINCO1

Comment

Master track

I bought one and sold it the next day. The track is very technical with almost unturnable turns. You could not achieve very high speeds on track if you set it up like the layout suggest. I expanded my f-1 set to 45 ft and I am much happier with it. You get a lot of track but you get a lot of unuseable tight turns also.

Comment

has anyone tried nose weighting non-Ninco cars?

Comment

I put my nose on top of my Mosler..... couldn't get it to run right!!

Think Red!
                            Bob/NINCO1

Bob/NINCO1

Comment

Originally posted by JEFFBECKIS1 View Post
                              I bought one and sold it the next day. The track is very technical with almost unturnable turns. You could not achieve very high speeds on track if you set it up like the layout suggest. I expanded my f-1 set to 45 ft and I am much happier with it. You get a lot of track but you get a lot of unuseable tight turns also.
                              A raid set-up is supposed to be technical.

Comment

Working...
                              X