NINCO NEWS April 2007

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Guys,
    I could be wrong about the Supra, but I think the picture that Tangmere saw was a picture of the pre-production car that was made up for the German Toy Fair back in Feb. The picture that I used in The Newsletter is the picture of the production car.

Think Red!
    Bob/NINCO1

Bob/NINCO1

Comment

Yeah, I think that's right, Bob. It had wide-mounted posts for the rear wing and what looked to be a narrower body.

Comment

NINCO NEWS April 2007

This is the actual car that's been in the European market... regardless, it's a HOT seller and is sold out with most of the better online stores:

(photo use with permission from Stefano at Slotcars.it)

I still can't wait for this one to hit the US... I'll pick one up for sure!

RickyBobby #26

Comment

Originally posted by RickyBobby View Post
          I still can't wait for this one to hit the US... I'll pick one up for sure!
          I can't eat just one. Make it two, please!

Comment

Alright, who can spot the difference between this car and the one in the post above? I'd definately buy this car as it looks very cool. I won't buy the one in the post above. Even though it's not exactly ugly, it is a huge disappointment after the pic in the newsletter.

Comment

Hey, the way I see it, if you like Ninco's Supra and you like the Castrol paint job, it's a no-brainer. The car pictured above is a different car and it would be great to have, but just because it's not that exact car, is the car being released really so bad?

Comment

Gentleman,
                The photo that RickyBobby showed from Slotcars.it in Italy, may or may not be significant at this time. Next to the image on the website, are the words "non disponibile" ..... that means not available in Italian. But Slotcars.it is a dealer, and they are simply securing orders based on the information the Supra is being released.
                Here in the USA, I (MRC) release a Newsletter within 48 hours of receiving the info/photos from NINCO, showing the forthcoming releases. It goes to the forums like SCI and to dealers. These items can also be seen on the MRC website (www.modelrectifier.com). But as I've stated in past posts, (generally) we won't see the items for at least 4-6 weeks.
                Time will tell what the Supra Castrol actually looks like. The newsletter photo seems to be the actual 1:1 car, based on the rear wing vertical supports and the minor decals.

Think Red!
                Bob/NINCO1

Bob/NINCO1

Comment

I am guessing that the pic used in the catalog was a 1/43rd diecast. It's not unusual to show an example photo in catalogs that isn't exactly the same as the finished product.

Comment

Ouch!

Looks like the wife won't be talking to me for awhile, once she realizes I spent more money on my hobbie.

The Ferrari kit looks like a must have!

PATIENTS MY FRIENDS!

We will see the Supra in a few weeks weeks.
                    Last edited by Modifier; 06-19-2007, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Modifier, don't worry about the wife..... a little piece of jewelry every now and then, "just because"........is a great way of being able to enjoy your hobby to the max!
                      I just "chipped" the Ferrari F-50. It runs great!
                      Also as a matter of interest for anyone..... lately I've been using heavy duty "Gun Grease" (yeah, that's firearm stuff from a gunshop), and it really quiets down NINCO's stock anglewinder gear sets. It doesn't completely fly off like silicone based lubricants.
                      It seems to do the job very nicely.

MG, I doubt if the Supra is a 1/43 diecast.... that's not something NINCO would do.

Think Red!
                      Bob/NINCO1

Bob/NINCO1

Comment

It's gonna have to be cheap!

"QUOTE:"
                        Modifier, don't worry about the wife..... a little piece of jewelry every now and then, "just because"........is a great way of being able to enjoy your hobby to the max!
                        I just "chipped" the Ferrari F-50. It runs great!
                        "QUOTE:"

If the wife gets jewelry, it's going to be something on sale! lol And I hope the jewelry shop is near my local hobby shop!

Thats good to hear about the Ferrari Ninco1, I'm looking forward to putting it through the paces. If she survives "The Miracle Mile" I have set up here at home, I'll let you know how she tackled it.

Comment

Hi Guys,
                          NINCO just sent me the car so I can take it to the Hobbytown USA Show in Lincoln, Nebraska in two weeks, so I can confirm that the car pictured below is the slot car.
                          It happens to be a sharp car, and the red & green trim really stand out against the bright white.

Think Red!
                          Bob/NINCO1

Bob/NINCO1

Comment

Working...
                          X