LAUGHTER in Grannies on Speed
    http://slotcarillustrated.com/portal...ad.php?t=11444

GRIEVE in Analog racers bashed
    http://slotcarillustrated.com/portal...9&postcount=35

OUTLANDISH CLAIMS in Ninco and the Roswell crash
    http://slotcarillustrated.com/portal...ad.php?t=11249

comes this latest "real digital mocumentary"
    CHIPPING WITH NINCO N, the final analog embarassement"
    Last edited by deltart; 04-06-2007, 10:33 PM.

CASE FILE #001 - SCALEXTRIC Ferrari 156

Real easy to chip with Ninco N, just remove the plastic gray insert conveniently made by Scalextric for removal by Ninco N owners.

Last edited by deltart; 09-27-2008, 11:13 AM. Reason: Updated since Ninco released additional Digital items

Comment

CASE FILE #002 - SCALEXTRIC Cooper Climax

Way harder to chip. I had to use a Dremel to surgically make changes to the gray front wheel supports on the left front side so the chip could nicely slide under the front wheel supports.

Last edited by deltart; 09-27-2008, 11:14 AM. Reason: Updated since Ninco released additional Digital items

Comment

CASE FILE #003 - SCX 1971 Tyrrell Ford

After tackling a UK based manufacturer like Scalextric (what, the UK is a province of China?) I decided to tackle a Spanish based manufacturer like SCX

Last edited by deltart; 09-27-2008, 11:14 AM. Reason: Updated since Ninco released additional Digital items

Comment

CASE FILE #004 - SCALEXTRIC Classic GP 1976

A collector's set!!!
          The collector in me says "don't you dare touch these cars"
          The racer in me says "go daddy, go"

Both cars chipped in the exact same way but somehow the Ferrari 312T2 is a nightmare to close again after you open it!!! Just plain plug and play chipping.

Also notice that in this case I did not perform the typical "Roswell" sanding of the chip but merely removed the big blue 220uf capacitor in order to make sure the chip would nicely fit. Who said you can't chip F1 cars with Ninco N without sanding or cutting?

Last edited by deltart; 09-27-2008, 11:15 AM. Reason: Updated since Ninco released additional Digital items

Comment

CASE FILE #005 - SCALEXTRIC Ferrari F1 2006

Good morning Mr. Schumacher,
            Good morning Mr. Massa,
            My name is Dr. Johan G and I will be your surgeon today. My analysis and tests clearly point to the fact that both of you suffer from "colon cancer" and that I will therefore be forced to remove certain vital parts you used to sit on in your F1 cars. But no worries, my staff and I have made sure that both of you will be able to keep your composure whilst sitting on the newly heated seats, provided by Ninco, the world leader in heated seats for Digitally chipped F1 cars.

You can't tell from these "post operation" pictures which driver is which can you???
            Clue: the right driver was moved slightly to display some "red" helmet.

Also notice how the chips in both cars are mounted differently. I wanted a different set-up for both Ferrari's (remember that Michael preferred a stiffer set-up whereas Massa prefers a more "samba like loose set-up"). So one car has the chip upright, the other car has the chip upside down. Why? Cause I CAN!!!

It took me over a week before I finally figured out that it was possible to chip these 2 cars merely by slightly rotating the chip to the left. I know, sometimes the brain just doesn't let you see what is so obvious once you see it. He he, what can I say?

I use the drivers and the fact that their shoulders push up against the sides of the cockpit as "place holders" for the chips. The digital chips are kept and pushed into a fixed position by the drivers. It takes several measurements to remove part of the lower bottom of the drivers to achieve this result.
            Also notice that I experimented with Massa and had him sit slightly to the right. Why? Cause I can!!!
            Last edited by deltart; 04-06-2007, 10:44 PM. Reason: Spelling, always spelling!!! LOL

Comment

CASE FILE #006 - SCALEXTRIC Renault F1 2006

A different chipping style than the Ferrari.
              1) The chip goes in straight but pointing up to the front.
              2) The Dremel is used to provide room for the chip
              3) The drivers get my surgical "measured" attention so that they once again become the force that pushes the chip down and keeps it safely into place in case of crashes.

Fisichella or Alonso? Can you tell merely from staring at their "post operation" pic?

Ninco says: "Always drive in the direction of the RED arrow"

World Champions 2006!!! Driver of car #1 please make a humble bow (notice that there is still freedom to move the driver back and forward and even remove him)
              Last edited by deltart; 04-06-2007, 10:47 PM. Reason: Spelling, always spelling!!! LOL

Comment

CASE FILE #007 - SCALEXTRIC Williams F1 2006

Look closely inside the cockpit and realize that what you are seeing is really there!!!
                Ninco Roswell, alien technology at work on a slotcar track near you!!!

Last edited by deltart; 09-27-2008, 11:16 AM. Reason: Updated since Ninco released additional Digital items

Comment

CASE FILE #008 - SCALEXTRIC Honda F1 2006

Mr. Button,
                  Mr. Barichello,
                  My name is Dr. Johan G and I am the plastic surgeon wo operated on Mr. Schumacher and lots of other famous F1 drivers. I guarantee you that you might be able to win a World Championship in my 1/32 world after I surgically remove some obsolete body parts.

Once again a very successful operation (no blood) and the operated driver will fit "tightly but perfectly" in the assembled digitally chipped F1 car.

For the purists amongst us notice how the chip was "rounded" at the ends so the F1 body of the car will fit really tight on top of the chip. Some complain about the tight fit of chipping F1 cars but it is the tight fit that prevents the chip from moving. And we all know that "a tight chip stays a healthy chip" (TM)

Comment

Case File #009 - Urban Ninco Myths Debunked

Myth #1: Ninco chips are fragile.
                    I have already accumulated 22 chips (release 1) and not a single one has died, fried, thrown up or let me down. But I have to admit, I only race F1 cars with:
                    Ninco NC1 or NC2 motors
                    Scalextric small can F1 motors
                    SCX R4 motors
                    I also race older Scalextric cars with Mabuchi can motors and the chips keep ticking.
                    I do not have any of these souped up 25K or 30K motors, nor Fly or Slot.It cars (unless of course they start releasing F1 cars in which case ....)

Myth #2: Involuntary lane changes
                    Once again, I only race F1 cars and most of them with Ninco Roswell chips and I have not encountered these involuntary lane changes. The few times I had an "involuntary" lane changes I immediately stopped the race (just push the start button once), walked over to the LC that caused it and noticed that the plastic LC flap was stuck in the open position. Merely flipping over the LC and slightly loosening the screws on the back of the plastic cover solved the issue. With one LC I had to gently sand the two plastic supports over which the plastic flap moves and that was it.
                    I have 9 single LC's in my lay-out and they all work flawlessly.
                    I have not encountered a closed LC opening by itself without anyone pushing or touching the LC button on the controller. I have had LC's getting stuck in the open position and then the procedures mentioned above quickly solved this "once-off" problem.

Myth #3: I don't know what I am talking about.
                    TRUE, but at least I put my money where my mouth is!!!

I hope you enjoyed this rather lenghty post.
                    Last edited by deltart; 09-27-2008, 11:18 AM. Reason: Updated since Ninco released additional Digital items

Comment

As a completly contended Analogue racer I can say, "That's pretty neat work"...

But, also as a complety satisfied Analogue racer I can say "when you have your next car to digitize, you won't have far to look for a chip - it seems to be sitting on your shoulder..."

Live and let live, slot and let slot.....

Cheers, Tony.
                      Last edited by bov; 04-07-2007, 05:45 AM.

Comment

Very cool work. It makes me want to look closer at an N-Digital off-road track...

Cheers,
                        Greg

Comment

Track Layout

Dear Deltart,

Good work. I would like to know your track size and if you can post some photos.

Also I see you have two pit lanes, just want to know if we can use at the same time the two pit lanes to refuel, or need to wait after pit lane #1 if finish to begin to refuel on pit lane #2.

Peter

P.S. I have a possible layout of 5 ' x 14' (152cm x 426cm) , any idea for track design?

Comment

Priceless!!!

Originally posted by bov View Post
                            As a completly contended Analogue racer I can say, "That's pretty neat work"...
                            Thank you. And yes, it was lots of fun. From the pics you also see that I have the powerconsole handy when chipping cars to make sure I can check every "chipping" step as I go along. Nothing says "fudge" more than reassembling a tight F1 car and then discovering you inverted the motor wires "aargh".

But, also as a complety satisfied Analogue racer I can say "when you have your next car to digitize, you won't have far to look for a chip - it seems to be sitting on your shoulder..."
                            Now that comment is "priceless". I am still cracking up. I know I shouldn't but I just can't resist poking fun a the Cro Analog tribe. The whole problem is that once you start walking digitally upright the slotcar world looks completely different. And yes, learning to race on a Digital lay-out means that at first glue becomes your best friend. But after a while you get better at it although occasionaly you still make that one fatal mistake of "wanting to go too fast"

Live and let live, slot and let slot.....
                            Cheers Tony!!!

Originally posted by attic_racer View Post
                            Very cool work. It makes me want to look closer at an N-Digital off-road track...
                            Cheers,
                            Greg
                            At least you should not have any problems chipping these cars!!! Any rumors/updates on when Ninco intends to release Digital track pieces for their "raid" sets?

Originally posted by Peter View Post
                            ....Also I see you have two pit lanes, just want to know if we can use at the same time the two pit lanes to refuel, or need to wait after pit lane #1 if finish to begin to refuel on pit lane #2.
                            It is only one car at a time although you can have two cars piled up one behind the other but the system still uses FIFO (first in first out) when allocating fuel. As outlined by other posters the system is clearly not working as orginally touted. The reason I bought the 2nd set was purely for the extra "in & out" LC's which will give me more freedom when one day (hopefully) building a semi-permanent lay-out.

Will try to post some pictures down the road of the garage floor track.

Comment

impressive

couldnt figure out furry vintage here

Comment

Working...
                              X