Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N-Digital layout

Hello everyone,

I usually don't do this but i worked for so long on this layout that i though i would share it with you. This will be the layout i will use once i get the parts i'm missing next week..

I wanted to fit as much track in the room without having too many tight turns. And i did not want an oval...gotta have some challenge. I think those tricky curves with an one R1 in it are perfect for that

The the track is 15' wide by 11'3" high. and the length is 100 feet .
    The crossings represent LC's and the crossings on the main straight represent the pits
    I'm looking forward to take that long and wide turn leading to the hairpin!

If you feel like it, let me know what you think (good or bad)

Later
    Kinder

Kinderfeld15,

I like the layout, it's VERY technical.
    You have a nice mix of radius curves. Looks like you have a decreasing radius curve on the bottom left of the track.
    Is that the new NINCO grand curve track pieces in the middle of the track? I'd love to drive a slot car around one of those!
    Most the curves are on the corners of the table which leads to easy marshalling.

Post some pics when your finished.

Well Done!

SS
    Last edited by SouthernSlotter; 04-13-2007, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Nice layout Kinder!

Think REd!
      Bob/NINCO1

Bob/NINCO1

Comment

It's a great looking track! As long as you've given thought about marshalling a car that comes off in the center of the table, you'll be just fine.

Comment

Thanks guys

I just got the parts i was missing to do the lay out and i've put it up yesterday...it looks nice and keeps you busy for the full lap with enough straights to get some speed. I did 9.50 yesterday with a not so prime Scalextric Masserati.

Yes, the corner after the crossing and the last one at the bottom right are mostly R4 radius Grand curve that I have mixed it with R3 so it connects with the rest of the lay out. Right after the crossing there is a R2 to make things interesting. I love opening or closing radius curve they allow you to try different entry and exit speeds and creates spots where you can catch time on a single lap if you get it right

I will post some pictures as soon as i can maybe this week-end.
          Now i just need to keep that track clean, chip some cars, have friends over and race away!

Laters

Comment

Long it the making

So i finally have every thing up and we did our 1st 3 cars race yesterday...was a lot of fun and i think the track is perfect for 4-5 cars. I mean to be able to race without having to worry to much about heavy traffic

Here are a couple of pictures...how do you like the controller/beer holder

Here are some facts
            - The table is 15 feet wide by 12 feet deep
            - The table is 39 inches high
            - Track is 100 feet long
            - There is 6 LC's
            - Pit is about 150cm long
            - Average lap time with beaten mini's...13sec..best 11sec
            Last edited by Kinderfeld15; 06-07-2007, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Nice!,
              Could it be that the 2 second lap time difference was directly proportional to the level of fuel located in the controller/beer holder??

Think Red!
              Bob/NINCO1

Bob/NINCO1

Comment

Questions, questions, questions

Hi Kinder Felt,

Q1. Could you explain the intriguing use of cut-up Ninco to Scalextric adaptors in the single pitlane?

Q2. Have you figured out why Ninco N is clockwise racing but the starting grid lines are painted wrongly (inner lane grid is ahead of outer lane grid and should be the other way around). I assume Ninco with all their extensive research and focus on the true enthusiast discovered something that I am unable to explain but which made them come up with a different approach?

Q3. How does refueling work with 3 cars getting the signal at the same time and only a single lane pitlane?

Q4. Any missed LC's, burned chips, defunct power consoles after racing? Or is it really as bullet proof as whispered in certain pre-release documents we no longer mention by name?

Q5. Any motors overheating?

Q6. Lots of crashes?

Q7. Which race mode is most enjoyable (amateur or pro?)

Q8. With a 100 feet lay-out do you need to clean your track often or is cleaning the braids now and then sufficient?

Q9. Do you use powerconsole version 104 or 105? And when racing 4-5 cars I assume you have a 2nd transformer?

Q10. How's the laptower position visibility and does the power console nicely register all cars when racing?

My observations running a 100 feet + lay-out:
                I had to insert 1/2 straights between the starting track pieces in order to avoid rear-end collisions when racing 6 cars (I only have 6 controllers).
                Racing speed went down with 6 cars on track mainly due to digital driving style (need to be more alert of what goes on in front, beside and behind you).
                I switched back to powerconsole 104 with the RichG "green profile"
                I am patiently waiting for the XLC's to built a fully fledged double lane 4*2 cars pitlane
                Longer lay-out resulted for me in hardly ever needing to clean the track.

PS: Love the beer holders. They could actually make it a very interesting alternative to completely discard the Ninco fuel algorithm.
                Each time your car pits you get to drink of your beer!!!
                Big guzzlers can go with a one stopper, smaller guzzlers can go with fast 3 stoppers!!!
                And getting an extra beer becomes a non-scheduled punctured tire pitstop!!!
                Last edited by deltart; 06-07-2007, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by deltart View Post
                  Each time your car pits you get to drink of your beer!!!
                  Big guzzlers can go with a one stopper, smaller guzzlers can go with fast 3 stoppers!!!
                  And getting an extra beer becomes a non-scheduled punctured tire pitstop!!!
                  Gives new meaning to the phrase "splash and go"...

Comment

Originally posted by ElSecundo View Post
                    Gives new meaning to the phrase "splash and go"...
                    Barely coherent the winner signaled he had had an awesome time (LOL)

Comment

Originally posted by Kinderfeld15 View Post
                      So i finally have every thing up and we did our 1st 3 cars race yesterday...was a lot of fun and i think the track is perfect for 4-5 cars. I mean to be able to race without having to worry to much about heavy traffic

Here are a couple of pictures...how do you like the controller/beer holder

Here are some facts
                      - The table is 15 feet wide by 12 feet deep
                      - The table is 39 inches high
                      - Track is 100 feet long
                      - There is 6 LC's
                      - Pit is about 150cm long
                      - Average lap time with beaten mini's...13sec..best 11sec
                      What do you average about 23 laps per pee break?...Great Looking Layout.

Comment

Thanks for your (funny) replies

oh and 23lap per pee brake is a high consumption ration
                        We will see tonight i'm having a couple of friends over.
                        Kinder

P.S.: Deltart, i'm working on your answers

Comment

How are the laps being counted for the guys pitting because they bypass the control console when they pit, don't they? Or do you have the Start/Finish line somewhre else? Nice layout BTW.
                          Last edited by Bill Plude; 06-08-2007, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Wow i did not think of this one! lol

no i don't have a line somewhere else. I guess my design if flawed or i can just say it makes an extra lap when you do PS race...which bring an other question. I'm not sure but if my memory is right PS races are only time base? I guess if you pit less you have a serious advantage

Comment

It's an easy fix though, you just move the pit lane 2 straights down. OR you could turn it around and put it on the next straight in.
                              Last edited by Bill Plude; 06-09-2007, 01:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X