Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ninco World Cup - 2007

I just received word from NINCO:

THE WORLD CUP CAR IS THE NEW NINCO PORSCHE 997.

THE 2007 NINCO WORLD CUP WILL BE HELD IN STUTTGART, GERMANY, NOVEMBER 17TH AND 18TH.

THE GRAND FINAL WILL HAVE ONE (1) THREE-MAN TEAM PER PARTICIPATING COUNTRY, EXCEPT FOR LAST YEAR'S WINNING COUNTRY (SPAIN) AND THIS YEARS HOST COUNTRY (GERMANY) WHO CAN FIELD MORE THAN ONE TEAM.

Think Red!
    Bob/NINCO1

Bob/NINCO1

When?

Bob,

When will it be available out west?

Kerry

Comment

Kerry---Isn't that the same weekend as our 12 hour race in Tacoma? We would obviously miss you, but it might give the rest of the field a chance to win one this year.

Comment

D'Oh!

I thought the third Thursday in November is the American Thanksgiving... it would seem that it is the fourth this year because the 1st is a Thursday..

Jeff Gordon said he wouldn't miss the birth of his daughter for a race...

Looks like we will have to wrap it up by the 24 hr...

Blair, we only won the last 12hr in November. We have managed to will all of them since, except the one you beat us by 2 laps in the car I setup and painted for you...

Comment

NINCO World Cup 2007

NINCO World Cup 2007

What is the NINCO WORLD CUP SUPER GT?
          The NINCO WORLD CUP SUPER GT is an international championship organized by NINCO, one of the most important worldwide slot hobbyist manufacturer. Teams from all over the world race with the most popular 1:32 slot cars in order to select the 16 best ones. They will compete at the grand final to win the championship.

Read the rest of the announcement here.

Comment

So have the regional and US National races been established yet? Will it be at the same tracks for the regional and US national races? Just wondering.

PD2

Comment

PD2,
              Locations have not been established yet. I will get those finalized as soon as I can.

Kerry, when will what be available out west????? The Porsche's????? I am hopeful that I will have the 997's by the 3rd week in July.

Think Red!
              Bob/NINCO
              Last edited by NINCO1; 06-29-2007, 03:01 PM.

Bob/NINCO1

Comment

Get those 997's out quick, Bob!!!!

What are we racing for the Nationals here? Renault, Mosler, & Ascari? Or purely 997's?

Comment

ein Porsche...

Yes Bob, 997s...

It would make an ENORMOUS amount of sense for the regionals and (inter)national qualifier to use Porsches so everyone gets more than a few weeks to get used to them...

Comment

Kerry,

If I remember correctly, the national rules were set by NINCO in Spain and each country had the same set of rules. Remember how the wording got confused in translating the rules from Spanish to English.
                    Last year NINCO not MRC wanted to reserve the Mosler just for the World Cup. Why, I don't know.
                    I'm sure the rules this year will be that we can run the cars from last year plus the Mosler and Ascari.
                    I just hope that Bob sets the NATS early enough so the winners can make all the necessary travel arrangements in time to go to Germany.

BTW, please wear that beautiful Dr Seuss outfit at this years Nats.
                    It really threw everyone off their game. If you hadn't had that controller glitch, your plan would have worked.

SS

Comment

Hey, knock it off!!!

Originally posted by SouthernSloter View Post
                      If you hadn't had that controller glitch, your plan would have worked.

SS

Quit talking BAD about my controller!! I own Kerry's ill-fated NINCO Nats Third Eye controller from last season....works great for me!!

TOJ

Comment

From the announcement;

When must qualifying rounds be undertaken ?

It depends of each country. The NINCO distributor should contact the main slot racing clubs of its country in order to arrange the best date and location. From July to November, every distributor can do whatever they consider the best way to select the team classified to the final at Stuttgart. From 4 to 6 hours races would be ok.

To be ultimately competitive at the WC. I feel that there should be only one car at the qualifying rounds. The 997, if you can't drive one to the limit there is no point in going to Stuttgart.

Comment

Might as well build the WC track from last year while you're at it.......

This is the way I look at it. I'm not even sure if I should say this

Judging from the body pictures of the 997, the Ascari will still be a better car, and I will leave it at that. So for the US qualifier, use the 997 all you want. I'll be in my Ascari or the slippy but proven, Mosler MT900R.

The only reason the 997 is being used is that the qualifier is in Stuttgart. It only makes sense to do so. I don't think the 997 is being used because it's superior to the other cars.

What one can do is toy with the 997 as soon as it comes out just incase he/she just happens to qualify.

Comment

I have an even better controller now...

You didn't actually think I needed more encouragement did you?

Comment

Ninco Nationals

Forgive the rookie question, but are there "Nationals" for Canada and Canadian bananas as distinct from our U S of A fraternal brothers of the slot?

Or, are Canadian teams welcome at the US qualifiers and Nats?

And then what happens if a team of Canucks ends up representing America in the World Final ?

Just wonderin'...

Old23

Comment

Working...
                              X