• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fredveromatt
    started a topic Ninco Tires - help

Ninco Tires - help

Hi Guys,

I'm tuning a Ninco Nissan JGTC and I've bought a set of prorace 18" wheels for the back (80722) and 15" wheels for the front (80718).

I'm not sure which Prorace tires fit these wheels. I think the rear should take 80516 or 80518 Shore A25s, but I'm not sure...and the front wheels, I dont know what tires go there.

I'm racing at a commercial, non-mag, modified blue king track.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Take care!

• BSWAN72
    replied
    The 17" ProRace rims will give you a slightly smaller overall diameter than the Mosler/Toyota/Ascari stock wheel/tire combination and the 18" ProRace rims will give you a slightly larger overall diameter than the Mosler/Toyota/Ascari stock wheel/tire combination. I don't have the exact dimensions handy but it's less than .040" either way. So if you have at least .020" clearance between the tire and the rear fender than the 18" wheels will work fine.

Best regards,
    Brian

Leave a comment:

• SlotsNZ
    replied
    Ah Good! I did understand you correctly

Good Bob,
    at least my fuddled brain understood that part.

I need to take some time to figure out which rim/tyre combinations fit on which chassis -whether some chassis just won't take say the 18" rim and 20.5 x 11.5 in their wheel arch at rear, and at similarly front.

I'll post any useful thoughts and experiences back to this area - when I get time, and a progressive chart of swapouts I found working well.

Leave a comment:

• NINCO1
    replied
    slotsnz,

That was my point!!
    • The same way that a car on a tight, multi turn track would benefit from a 33/11 anglewinder gearset, and a fast track with minimal tight turns would benefit from a 31/13 gearset, tire sizes and wheel sizes will also impact the handling.
    • Ride height....sure!, but different tire/wheel diameters will cause the car to move a certain distance for each 360 degree rotation of the wheel, and depending on the speed of the car (torque curve of the motor) the tire/wheel size and grip of the rubber will change the overall performance.
    • The combinations should be experimented with because everyone's driving style and braking points are different.

Think Red!
    Bob/NINCO1

Leave a comment:

• xonox
    replied
    SlotsNZ : this would be very interesting.

I think i remember when i was into RC, tamiya used to suggest which hop-ups you could buy that were "direct" replacements for the stock parts.

The ride height for my Ninco is perfect for me right now, i'd just like to replace the wheels and tires.

Guides make it easier for people starting in the hobby, kinda like me huh ?

Leave a comment:

• SlotsNZ
    replied
    Thanks - "bit wait there's more" (questions)

Originally posted by NINCO1 View Post
    xonox,
    tire sizes need to be experimented with depending on the track layout.

Try these for Prorace info:
    http://www.modelrectifier.com/slot-c...components.pdf

http://www.modelrectifier.com/slot-c...20brochure.pdf

and look up part# 80111 and 80112.

Think Red!
    Bob/NINCO1
    Hi Bob,

when you said the sizes need to be experimented with depending onthe track layout, (now I am probably really THICK and dimwitted here), but did you mean like try out say 18 inch rims and 17 inch rims which will give a lower or higher ride height (more or less downforce, and higher or lower effective top speed/final gearing rubber to track) . . . . . or did I miss the point entirely.

What I still get confused about is, people ask me
    "Hey Mark for a Mosler/Honda/Nissan/Toyota/McLaren/Ascari/Megane/DeLorean (kidding), do I want to put 17" or 18" pro-race rims on it to keep the same ride height, and will 18" with the 20.5 tyre fit in the wheel arch" - and . . . . . . I just don't know.
    Most of our guys are running the Mosler with 17s, I've just been running 18" rims with the 20.5 x 11.5 myself.

Then it's
    "Hey for the 18" rims do I want 20 x 10s for that car or 20.05 x 11.5"
    and
    "will the 20x10 fit the 17" AND/OR 18" rims, and will the 20.5 x 11.5 fit the 17" AND/OR 18" rims"

I'd like to put together a guide that gives at least "best practice" starter combinations of front and rear rim and tyre for each Ninco chassis.

Then maybe expand it to include swapouts of which Pro-race parts make a good combo to replace other brand . . um . . not very good runners.
    eg. There's a LOT of FLY brand cars that could be made into good runners with an injection of "pro-race wizardry"

Leave a comment:

• NINCO1
    replied
    xonox,
    We have lots of cool things on the website; not just NINCO.
    However, .... Never spend more than you can afford to spend.... always take care of the "needs" before you go buying the "wants"!

Think REd!
    Bob/NINCO1

Leave a comment:

• xonox
    replied
    ninco1, thanks for the hint. With spring it'll be!

I can't wait to go to the hobby shop, but i don't go often as it is fairly dangerous for my wallet.

MRC website seems loaded with cool things. I hadn't visited it in ages.

Leave a comment:

• NINCO1
    replied
    xonox,
    Go to a "search" box on the MRC website and input the part #'s.

Think Red!
    Bob/NINCO1

Leave a comment:

• xonox
    replied
    Thank you ninco1

I couldn't find the part number you gave me in both pdf documents. I am running on a ninco pro am race track. I thought i'd get tired of it but haven't so far.

The closest number i found in those pdf documents is 80109 which is wire. Did you mean 80721 and 80722 ?

Thanks for the pdf documents, very useful!

Leave a comment:

• NINCO1
    replied
    xonox,
    tire sizes need to be experimented with depending on the track layout.

Try these for Prorace info:
    http://www.modelrectifier.com/slot-c...components.pdf

http://www.modelrectifier.com/slot-c...20brochure.pdf

and look up part# 80111 and 80112.

Think Red!
    Bob/NINCO1
    Last edited by NINCO1; 08-03-2007, 09:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• xonox
    replied
    Wow, what a fast answer!

If i ever need to change the front tires, should i use the same 15" you mentionned in this post ?

I'll use this car as long as i can fix it. I look forward to upgrade it further in the next months

A suggestion that i'd like to submit to Ninco is that they could make upgrade guides and put them on the web. I bet it would help sell more pro race parts.
    Last edited by xonox; 08-02-2007, 06:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NINCO1
    replied
    xonox,
    The Prorace rear hubs for the Super GT cars (JGTC) like the Supra, 350Z, and NSX's are the 80722 18" and the tires are the 80516 20.5x11.5mm.
    Don't forget the 80734 "Hyper" inserts (disc brakes & wheel covers) for the hubs

Think Red!
    Bob/NINCO1

Leave a comment:

• xonox
    replied
    Perhaps i should start a new thread but my question is quite close to the first post so i thought it would be better to keep it all here.

I've got a nissan 350z calsonic car by ninco. I like it a lot. However the back wheels and tires are in need of being replaced.

I'd like to know which size of pro-race wheels would match the stock wheels. Am i better to go with other dimensions ? I also need new tires for it. I'm running on a ninco track.

I'm quite a newbie and i couldn't find the information i needed on the ninco website. I don't think it still shows my car.

Thanks a lot!

Leave a comment:

• Fredveromatt
    replied
    Thanks Ninco1!

That's exactly the info I needed!

Thinking red!

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X