Safety Walls Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safety Walls Question

Do any of you have any suggestions how I might attach them to each other from behind? You know...to make them more like a single piece? As you can see in the pictures they want to seperate in places. The ones on the banked turns will be smoother after I cut some wedges to replace those plastic things SCX gives you for support.

A thin bead of hot glue or Goop? Thin strips of silver duct tape. Twisted wire. Painted plastic tubing glued between the sections. Not sure how big the gap is you are trying to bridge.
    Last edited by WPSoko1; 08-07-2007, 05:55 AM.

Comment

Not trying to fill a gap. Trying to keep the sections from moving back and forth.

Comment

hey bill ..

lookin' good pal! but .... no palm trees

i run a thin, twisted wire between each joint .. this holds 'em together, and the walls become 'self supporting' ..

i heated the wire with my trusty Bic, pushed it thru and twisted the ends - viola!

hope this helps ..

cheerio - pete

Comment

I would agree with the twisted wire suggestion. Wire from a bread twistix would be perfect.

This is similar to how 1:1 catch fencing is tied together if you look at it closely.
          Last edited by MG Brown; 08-07-2007, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Good idea. Maybe I could just melt a hole then put a small screw through it.

Comment

I drilled

through the end/edge panel lip at rear of adjoining pieces and used very small self tapping screws to pull them hard together. Same effect as the twisted wire effect I guess.

Comment

Yep, I'm thinking of a thin screw with a nut on it. I'll have to check my RC guys store and see what he's got.

Comment

Nice layout.....

You've got a bunch of suggestions to play around with......
                  I'd recommend 3M or Uline Crystal Clear cellophane tape.
                  This stuff is as "crystal clear" as you've ever seen.
                  I can't guarantee it, but it shouldn't look unsightly and will keep the pieces together.

Think Red!
                  Bob/NINCO

Bob/NINCO1

Comment

I'll try the tape 1st Bob. That will be the least destructive. Then if that doesn't work, maybe some 2 sided RC servo tape between the sections. Put one section on with the tape on it then the next section and slide them together. Your suggestion 1st Bob. Tomorrow.

Comment

The tape is not only non destructive, but won't be unsightly either, and there's that sticks out to catch on the cars.
                      Be sure your hands are clean and dry.... this stuff picks up fingerprints and dirt really well.

Think Red!
                      Bob/NINCO1

Bob/NINCO1

Comment

I have a really simple and cheap technique that I use.
                        I pinch them together with the smallest binder clips I could find at Staples.
                        I am always changing my layout, so they are easy to take on and off.
                        They do not look great, but they work well.

Comment

Working...
                        X