Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ninco Prorace Axle Question

Hi Guys!

I'm tuning a Ninco JGTC Toyota Supra (Esso - with the tiger on the sides) with prorace wheels and tires. I'm trying to buy a set of prorace axles and I see two sizes available - 51.5mm and 53.5 mm.

Can anyone tell me which is the right one for this car?

...the original axles got mixed up with other spares, so now I dont know anymore!

Strength and Honor!!!

Fred

Originally posted by Fredveromatt View Post
    I'm tuning a Ninco JGTC Toyota Supra (Esso - with the tiger on the sides) with prorace wheels and tires. I'm trying to buy a set of prorace axles and I see two sizes available - 51.5mm and 53.5 mm. Can anyone tell me which is the right one for this car?
    I believe that the 53.5 mm (length) fits all of the Ninco JGTC cars.

Comment

Except the BMW M3GTR, which they did do in a JGTC livery!
      Last edited by PeteN95; 08-17-2007, 02:58 PM.

Comment

The shorter one....

...is for the Megane primarily.

Comment

And the BMW, they are the same width.

Comment

The 51.5 mm is also used in the just released Porsche 997.

Best regards,
            Brian

Comment

The standard AW axles come in 53.5mm and 49mm, the Prorace come in 53.5 and 51.5? The Ninco website shows most JGTCs use 53.5, Ascari, 360, Supra, etc. But the Megane shows a 50mm axle and the 997 shows a 46mm rear with 49 front? This may be why many have said the Prorace parts will not fit the 997, even using front rims in back?

Comment

The axle can be slightly longer than stock using the ProRace rims as the wheels have a thru hole and are secured to the axle with a set screw. So you can adjust the width and then tighten the set screws. The clearance issue problem with the Porsche 997 is that the ProRace gears and wheels take up more space which pushes the wheel closest to the gears against the wheel arches of the body. The 15" ProRace wheels with 19 x 10 mm tires should work (waiting for RockyBobby or someone else to try it out just to be sure).

Best regards,
                Brian

Comment

HI guys,
                  The 51.5mm axle is the correct Prorace Axle for the 997.
                  This weekend, I tried every combination of prorace hub (wheel) and Prorace tires on the 997 "Road Car", but the spacing problem that has been mentioned definitely exists, and the left rear tire does rub on the body (wheel well), except for the 15" Prorace wheel and the 18x10 tires that just about clear the wheel well.
                  However, my concern is with the 15" rear wheel and the diameter (height) of the Prorace crown gear, that looks like it may begin to actually touch the track after a small amount of tire wear.
                  NINCO is on their annual vacation and won't be back until next week. I will certainly elevate this problem to them, although I'm sure I won't be the first.
                  I will post as soon as I get something "concrete" from NINCO.

Think Red!
                  Bob/NINCO1

Bob/NINCO1

Comment

Working...
                  X