Alan Smith
    SCI Owner.
    www.scaleracing.com
    www.slotcarillustrated.com
    www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
    www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Re: Ninco Gallery

I'm looking for the 50369 "Esso" and the 50370 "Yellow hat" Supra's to hit the States at the very end of April or the beginning of May.
    Recommend that the guys ask their dealers to order one now!
    This is the first time that NINCO ever made Supra's and are exclusive JGTC models.

Bob/NINCO1

Comment

NINCO Factory Visit.

Photo's supplied by Bob.

Cheers

Alan
      Alan Smith
      SCI Owner.
      www.scaleracing.com
      www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Guys,
        That's the front entrance to the factory and offices in Barcelona, Spain. I watched the cars and the track being manufactured, and was amazed at the extensive amount of labor that it takes to make just one car.
        The Supra "Esso" looks good in the image above, but the "Tiger" is absolutely fantastic in person. Also see my comments in another thread about the NSX Club Car.
        Alan will be putting more pictures up as well, showing more of the manufacturing processes and also NINCO's test track, car collection, etc. Thanks Alan! Keep watching, because the UPS guy is bringing Alan a couple of things to review for you guys!

Bob/NINCO1

Comment

Bob, if and when you get a chance, it would be cool if you could sum up what's being done in a few of these pictures -- maybe just a short phrase to tell us where they are in the process.

Awesome shots, thanks again!

Comment

Bob's at a trade show in Vegas right now... allow him a few days.

Comment

Hi Guys, Vegas was good! But now we're back to the old salt mines again.....oh well!
              I really didn't have much time to do anything with the images, except shrink them down a bit so I could get some to Alan for him to post.
              It ws really great being with the "powers that be" at NINCO. I saw many things and was treated royally by the President and the rest of the NINCO staff.
              As for the images that Alan posted, 321 is obviously the front door to the NINCO building in Barcelona.

0323 and 0324 are images of the display cases that house 1 of every NINCO car. Talk about drooling....in the lower left hand corner of 0324, theres a certificate a piece of track and the Champ car that was used in NINCO's 1.2 mile long test track, powered by only one standard power supply that's used in every current NINCO set. The car performed without a hitch, and there was no power drop-off anywher on the track.
              A portion of this test track can be seen in the 2005 NINCO Catalog. I also brought back a DVD of the test. I'll seee if theres some way of getting it uploaded...(but not right away).

0339 is a rotating paint line with the Supra ESSO cars on board waiting to be clear coated. Each of the platforms holding the bodies rotates at a constant speed and passes through the spray guns giving each body an even, identical coat. the bodies are dried and placed in tall storage racks for final curing. The storage racks can be seen in 0347.

0341 is an interesting but possibly dangerous process, although the operator in the picture was very skilled in the use of this machine. This machine is a press, die and crimping machine, that puts the metal rails onto the track. Each track section is done individually by hand. Different dies are used depending on the sizes of the straights or curves. It's really cool to watch how this is done.....if he hit the foot switch right now...his hand would two rails embedded across his knuckles...but he has to put his hand in there for each piece of track.

0343 is a picture of one of the girls attaching the rear wings on the new Supra "Yellow Hat". All the cars are hand assembled and done in stages by different people. Each perdon is responsible to see that the previous steps were completed. In the case of these rear wings, a new style of wing support is being used that is flexible, unlike the rigid plastic previously used. These wings now "give" when hit or the car is dropped (although I was afraid to drop a car).....so wing breakages will hopefully be reduced. The attachment method used is the tried and true heat and melt method, that's pretty much used throughout assembly.

0347 is the assembly of all the small plastic parts. Just look at the number of individual bins on the table. Although I've held many slot car bodies in my hands, I never really paid attention to the number of individual (and tiny) pieces that make up a slot car body, including hand painted dashboards, and co-driver clipboards and hand painted silver on mirrors, etc. I was amazed at the speed and dexterity that this girl had in handling and securing each piece.

0353 was very interesting. You'll notice a little round track layout with a car on it. That car will be wizzing around for about a minute. This woman is the final QC for the cars. She's checking everything from the body to the chassis to the drive-chain, then screws the body in place, and runs the car, listening for the right sound and making sure that the car runs when it leaves the assembly process.

0354 shows the new BMW X5 "IsoStar" being mounted on the RAID base, prior to a final wiping to remove any fingerprints, etc, and before the clear plastic lid goes on.

0362 is the main track that NINCO uses to test with. As you can see, it's a four lane beauty with long straights and tight turns. There are other than NINCO cars waiting to be run as well. There are other tracks in this room but unfortunately I can't show those.

I'll try to get some other images that I have posted too.....they will be just as interesting.

Bob/NINCO1

Comment

NINCO Gallery updated.

Thanks for the photo's Bob.

Next time please send larger images, Gallery can handle up to 640 wide, these are only 350 and lower quality.

Cheers

Alan
                Alan Smith
                SCI Owner.
                www.scaleracing.com
                www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

I lowered the quality only to be able to send the batch in one email due to time being my enemy.....I can certainly give you any of them in hi-res.

Bob/NINCO1

Comment

I've added photos of the latest NINCO cars to the MRC/NINCO Gallery.

Bob/NINCO1

Comment

More images in the NINCO Gallery.

Finally a real Tuner Car.

Cool.

Cheers

Alan
                      Alan Smith
                      SCI Owner.
                      www.scaleracing.com
                      www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Wait until you see the BMW M3 "Tuning Style" with NC-6....
                        I ran it yesterday.....stock......fast and wicked slides on tight corners!

Think Red!
                        Bob/NINCO1
                        Last edited by NINCO1; 12-22-2005, 03:00 PM.

Bob/NINCO1

Comment

Hey Alan -

I will take the Japan (orange & black) BMW, second row last on the right. Can't live w/o the colors.

Comment

Cmon Guys
                            We need more photo's !!

You gotta love Ninco, Best race cars on the market.

If you have more photo's post em please!!

Comment

The new 997

I went to my RC guys store to pick up the White M3 Tuning to go with my Orange one and saw the 997s and couldn't decide which one to buy.

OH, I also bought the new Supra

And after all of this, I didn't even take a picture of the M3! LOL
                              Last edited by Bill Plude; 08-27-2007, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X