Chipping F1 Cars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chipping F1 Cars

Has anyone found a F1 style car which they have successfully put the Ninco chip in (without chopping out the driver, or doing any excessive modifications to the chassis to make it fit?)

If so, what brand/type of car?

Cheers.

So many choices, so little chips

ENJOY!!!

http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/po...ad.php?t=13334

Comment

The new Ninco decoder chip doesn't have the capacitor and comes in a red plastic case. If you take the new chip out of the red plastic case it is smaller in size than the current N-Digital chip, making it a good choice for F1 conversions.

Best regards,
      Brian

Comment

ferrari f1 chipped

Yes it is possible. I just the old Ferrari F1 with the new chip. The chip fits aside the motor.

Comment

Ninco F1 chip - issue 3

So it looks like the 12 existing Ninco F1 cars can then all be chipped with the newer smaller chip?

Scalextric F1 ......: OK
          SCX F1 ..............: OK
          Ninco F1 ............: OK

One type of car I have been unable to chip is the Carrera Ferrari F1. I have opened this car so many times and each time given up and closed it again.

Carrera F1 ..........: ????

Any suggestions or creative solution for chipping that type of car using the new Ninco digital chip?

By the way, does anyone have the exact measurements of the new digital chip in millimeter (mm). Love the fact that bulky blue capacitor is finally history!!!

Thanks
          Last edited by deltart; 10-06-2008, 06:59 AM. Reason: Spelling ... always spelling

Comment

Great news. There are a lot of nice cars besides F1 that can't quite be converted to N-Digital because of the "blue pumpkin" (unless you modify the chip thereby voiding the warranty). So... how do you get one?

Michael

Comment

there is one way...

...to modify the current ninco chip.

Please do not post unauthorized mods within the NINCO forum.
              Last edited by NINCO1; 03-09-2009, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Another thing,

Please do not post unauthorized mods within the NINCO forum.
                Last edited by NINCO1; 03-09-2009, 06:22 AM.

Comment

The Ninco Ferrari F310B was the most difficult car that I ever chipped. So, if the new chip will fit, as is, in the F310B (as Racebaaninfo shows), then I believe it will fit just about any car, thereby precluding unauthorized product modification, and is definitely the way to go. So... how do you get one?

Comment

paging Dr. Brian .... paging Dr. Brian

Dr. Brian (BRS on this forum) should be able to answer this question.
                    Another source would be NINCO1 who probably has them on .... his desk (I bet 5 bucks that they are sitting on top of his desk).

Although the new chip nicely fits in the Ninco F1 310B (as demonstrated by RacebaanInfo) I am still not sure how you would make it fit in a Carrera F1 car?

If I can find my wife's camera I'll try to add some pictures.

Comment

Good to know the pager is still working.

My best estimate is the new decoder chips will be available in the US sometime this month.

Best regards,
                      Brian

Comment

The sad thing is that ninco arent making their f1 cars anymore..hope they do again..
                        Ive chipped heaps of scalex f1s with the old chip..Its a tedious job and i wont do it anymore.
                        The cars arent robust enough to handle 8 car racing..they just shatter..I wont stock them anymore either..
                        The scaley a1gp cars are easy to chip..and handle the rough and tumble of digital racing very well..And there's 10 of them to choose from..or there was..
                        Guess what! Scalextric has discontinued thier a1gp range..even though they are still advertising 3 new liveries on their web site..One of their management morons told me via e-mail that the whole range has been discontinued..
                        Wonderful company scalextric! Still in the buisness of advertising products they dont actually have and wont actually make!!
                        Phil

Comment

Probably Scalextric does not want to make the Lola because the season has started again with Ferrari A1 cars. The planning of producing models was done before A1 decided to change cars, I believe.
                          But Indeed I am surpiced too. Not long ago I understood that new liveries would arrive soon.

About the Carrera F1 cars. I don't think it is possible to chip these without cutting the chip (something I won't do). There is no place for the chip in the car I think. But I will give it a try this weekend.

Comment

I succesfully chipped a Reynard-Ford of Ninco with the new chip. You only have to remove the plastic cover.

The chip fits easily under the driver. So this one is no problem at all.
                            Last edited by Racebaaninfo; 10-13-2008, 05:06 AM.

Comment

Winter is almost over ... time to wake up and ... race

Originally posted by Racebaaninfo View Post
                              .... About the Carrera F1 cars. I don't think it is possible to chip these without cutting the chip (something I won't do). There is no place for the chip in the car I think. But I will give it a try this weekend.
                              I received a couple of new "discontinued" Carrera F1 cars and was wondering if you had any luck converting Carrera F1 cars for use with Ninco N digital?
                              Regards,

Johan

Comment

Working...
                              X