NINCO January '09 Releases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't worry, be hoppy?

It almost seems to be the answer to the question nobody actually asked.

No doubt though they will sell like hotcakes.

Comment

Nice looking Lambo.

Comment

Thats some big bucks for a motor!

Comment

I think Bob has already addressed the price issue. I am with Wet on this one I cant figure out what its actually aimed at. Its got a few more revs but a bit less torque than an NC6 from what i can gather and there are a plethora of motors in that type of range 20-23k at 12 volts all with different torque ratings mostly inacurate whenever they are tested. I am a fan of the NC5 type of motor its a great spec for most home or club style racing on smaller to medium tracks great brakes and torque easy to drive, but they are just too variable. I wish Ninco would bring out a blanced pro race version. I would pay extra for a good one. The last 2 i bought were slower with 12/32 gears than a standard scaley car but i have one in a spirit peugeot that is well more than a half second quicker on a 7 second track.

Comment

Might be the Spirit chassis, tires, etc.?

Comment

Maybe the people at Ninco setting the prices for these motors should get jobs at some of the top banks here in the U.S. There's plenty of crooks working there too.

Comment

Maybe the people at Ninco setting the prices for these motors should get jobs at some of the top banks here in the U.S. There's plenty of crooks working there too.
                That remark is inappropriate. It's a free market, and whether racers decide to purchase this motor is up to them; there are umpteen dozen long cans available for us to choose from, made to various torque and rpm specifications.

It's also most encouraging to note that as soon as the announced retail price in the US was announced in this Forum, and commented on here, NINCO Bob was able to negotiate a significant reduction in the MSRP.

Comment

Originally posted by Wet Coast Racer View Post
                  That remark is inappropriate. It's a free market, and whether racers decide to purchase this motor is up to them; there are umpteen dozen long cans available for us to choose from, made to various torque and rpm specifications.

It's also most encouraging to note that as soon as the announced retail price in the US was announced in this Forum, and commented on here, NINCO Bob was able to negotiate a significant reduction in the MSRP.
                  I'll second that.

And thanks, Bob!

Comment

Comment

That's Jason on the left, Mark on the right.

I thought I'd dig this thread up because I had my first chance to try the NC-10 on Saturday. After all the talk about it before its release, somebody ought to say something afterwards. It was installed in the Fly Ferrari F-40 racing version, and I drove it on a wood track. I was very impressed -- nice combination of response, torque, braking and rpm's. Not as hairy to drive as I expected. Just for a point of reference, it reminded me of a strong-running Slot.It orange can.

Comment

on the right as we're looking at it, or on the right as in passenger side right.... I don't remember Jason walking without swinging his arms.

Bob/NINCO1

Comment

Originally posted by NINCO1 View Post
                          on the right as we're looking at it, or on the right as in passenger side right.... I don't remember Jason walking without swinging his arms.
                          That only happened after a couple beers...

Comment

Working...
                          X