March 2009 Newsletter - Oh My!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March 2009 Newsletter - Oh My!!

Just last night I was telling my buddy that I was not planning on ordering much, if any, more cars for this year. We discussed Nincos and that while I loved my 3 Lightnings, that I probably wouldn't order more of them unless other people did so I could run against them.

Then I saw the March 2009 Newsletter. 2 more Nincos on the way! :-)

It's about time that someone did a Lotus Elise/Exige. A concern with a 1/32 Exige is getting it small enough in scale and not making it fit an already overscale 1/32 chassis - thus making it the same size as a 911 or 360. The newsletter specifically calls out its small size and the new Ninco Sport series emphasis on scale.

Then there is the '53 Corvette. Wow! I already have the Porsche 550 Spyder Panamerica and really like it. So I can't wait for a stable mate for it. It runs with the Scaley 300 SLR, though differently, but can't run with the Carrera Jaguar. My friend said that he wanted to see a picture of the slot car, not the prototype, before he ordered. I don't, and I didn't, it is ordered. I know how great my 550 looks, and how great the other Ninco vintage cars look. I trust Ninco in these matters implicitly.

What cars are you going to order?

Originally posted by Stone Axe View Post
    What cars are you going to order?
    The list is long.

When Ninco announced their cars for this past year, there wasn't much that impressed me. I ended up buying more Ninco than ever. This year's list looks so strong, and the pictures from the toy fair looked so good, that I'll be buying a lot of Ninco this year. I'm not really interested in the rally stuff (even though WRC is incredible), but the rest of the line-up is too good to pass up.

Comment

I'm really looking forward to the entire line of NINCO's this year. The Exige is definitely on my list along with the Ford GT and the Murc.

Comment

The one I am looking forward to is the Murciealago in 1:1 it had a width of 2057.4mm or in 1/32 64.29 mm its reasonably long and not over tall to. Seeing that it raced in JGTC class this may well be the car to rival the Supras and NSX cars.

Comment

Is Ninco really making a 53 corvette or are they just putting the livery on the one they have? A 53 would be neat but I can't imagine a new mold.

Comment

Originally posted by Racerdoug View Post
            Is Ninco really making a 53 corvette or are they just putting the livery on the one they have? A 53 would be neat but I can't imagine a new mold.
            Doug, it looks like they're putting a '53 livery on a '56, and calling it a '53.

Comment

Working...
            X