Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ninco #10220 Barriers: better pictures and how to properly use them.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ninco #10220 Barriers: better pictures and how to properly use them.

Ninco/Bob,
    Hey there! I am thinking of adding the Ninco #10220 Safety Wall but for the life of me I can not find any real pictures of how they attach to the track. Is it just like using the red & white guardrails? How much extra width do the barriers add to the track? My layout is already on the edge of my tables and unless the barriers hook up like the guardrails they will be a no go. Most the pictures I've seen leave a lot to be desired on exactly how the fence attaches to the barrier as well. If you have any clearer photos/pictures(example of them in use) and/or a clearer explanation on how to attach and properly use the barrier and fence, I would be greaty appreciative as I need to add more protection to keep my cars from going from the track to the floor.
    Joe

the wall half attaches at the bottom with three catch hooks on each wall . the fence inserts from the top , there are three ears that fit into accompanying holes on the top edge of the wall half . as for depth , i`am not at my track , they can`t be more than 1/4 inch front to back , and they are of open back construction . i sure like them . they are not inexpensive . i dropped a c note on my bunch .

jer

there is another thread , carrera thread . a fellow there attaches the walls to each other with small screws and then seems to use them as a free standing addition to his track . neat idea actually .

Comment

joe,
      The 10220 Safety walls attach exactly like all other NINCO guard rails and borders and are the same thickness. They're 4 inch high, and the top (grid portion) half simply slots into the lower solid portion.
      So go and get them and you'll never regret it!!
      Last edited by NINCO1; 11-30-2011, 10:10 AM.

Bob/NINCO1

Comment

Jerry & Bob,
        Thanks for the heads up on the barriers. Personally my driving skills suffer at times from a total lack of focus and my cars bear the brunt of said mental laspe. The white & red guardrails just aren't high enough to prevent the "Oh Sh*t" sound coming from me when the cars take those unauthorized flight plans that results in an immediate nose dive onto the wooden floors.

Comment

joe ,

least your floor is softer than concrete ! exactly why my "high corner" has ninco walls with fencing ! great item that also looks great .

jer

Comment

Jerry,
            I just ordered "5" kits to cover the exposed edge of my table top all around my latest layout pictured in my gallery. I need to update my pictures to reflect the change I made in the bridge as I reversed the bridge as what you see is now level and what was level is now the bridge. Time to pull out the camera!!

Comment

I use these on my Sport track. They fit quite well considering they were not designed for the track. I use them on the outside of my borders. I found I was damaging a lot of cars by having them right on the edge of the track as they are relatively hard plastic and have little 'give'. I also hold them to each other with small bulldog clips and tie the fencing together to keep it neat.

Scott

Comment

two , very good ideas scott .

jer

Comment

the catch fence wall looks excellent. they seems to sell fast so if you want them, get them asap.

bruce

Comment

I use them on my 1/43 scale layout and they work great!!!!

Comment

How long is each section so I know how much to order? Gonna do the Carrera conversion.
                      Dave

Comment

Each section is 7 7/8" (21cm) long, they come six in a package, so you have almost 4 feet of fence... they're very flexible so they mount easily on curves as well as straights.

Bob/NINCO1

Comment

Thanks Bob,

Dave

Comment

I've got 96 of them around my 1/32 layout. Pics in my Gallery.

Comment

How flexible are these? Will I be able to wrap them around the borders of an R1 curve or are they going to pop off?

Comment

Working...
                              X