Upgrade motor for the Ninco 1 C6R vette

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade motor for the Ninco 1 C6R vette

I'm looking for a medium upgrade motor for the Ninco 1 C6R vette that will just drop in place. Does Ninco make such a motor or would a TSR home racing motor be a good choice?

Bob, I *think* the NC-9 'Sparker' has the same can as the NC-11, and it's a peppy little thing. (same motor is used in the Exige)

Comment

The [new] Ninco 1 NC-13 EVO is a direct drop-in for the NC-11. It is rated at 20k rpm/135 gcm torque @ 14 volts.

Incidentally, the cans of the NC-8, NC-9, NC-11 and NC-13 are identical (FK-130). The NC-11/13 have a longer drive shaft.

_michael

Comment

Thanks, that's what I needed to know. Now I just have to decide whether I want to plunk another $22 into what has so far been a disappointing car. It's even too slow for the kids to want to drive.

It's like when I bought my first Camaro in 1982. All the V-8 and V-6's had a three month waiting list so I took one with the iron duke 4, What a mistake, it had enough power for grandma to go to church in but was an imbarassment to a 33 year old bachelor.
        Last edited by Modlerbob; 01-07-2012, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Just a thought. I have the Lotus Exige and I have seen reports that Ninco put too much motor in that tiny car. I wonder what effect swapping the motors in the two cars would have? I think I'll try it tomorrow.

Comment

Well, we use the stock motors for running at stock voltage (for digital racing), and at stock voltage, it's a great little motor. Dial back the voltage, and it's definitely on the sedate side. Close racing is fun, but having a car that's too fast to control isn't much fun.

The latest Ninco1 car does have the NC-9 motor in it, and it can move.

Comment

Originally posted by Modlerbob View Post
              Just a thought. I have the Lotus Exige and I have seen reports that Ninco put too much motor in that tiny car. I wonder what effect swapping the motors in the two cars would have? I think I'll try it tomorrow.
              The NC-9 in a Ninco 1 car will require axle collars because the [shorter] shaft will not reach the crown alignment channel. Conversely, the longer shaft of the NC-11 will need to be trimmed to fit in the Exige (I am certain that the shaft will encroach on the tire).

For a while I ran the Exige with an NC-8 installed and this combination worked pretty well. Now I run the Exige with the NC-9 back in but I changed the gears to Ninco Prorace 32/11. The red plastic stock gears are 32/12. The 32/11 is a better ratio for my relatively technical track with short straight sections. The gear change significantly improved drivability.

Originally posted by ElSecundo View Post
              The latest Ninco1 car does have the NC-9 motor in it, and it can move
              Kurt, have you run this car yet? I just started playing with it on my [technical] N-Digital track and I get lap times that are in the middle of the pack of my NC-11-equipped Ninco 1 cars. I was planning on installing an NC-8 to see how close I could get to the regular Ninco 1's but, at least on my track, that doesn't seem necessary. Could it be that the NC-9 would show a difference on a larger layout? I'll probably try the NC-8 just to see if the lap times stay close to the other Ninco 1's. I find that the Ninco 1's don't have a lot of top end but they just seem to get around the track very quickly.

Interestingly, the Ninco 1 Plus Mercedes lap times are about the same as the Exige with the NC-9 and stock gears.

_michael

Comment

My situation is that even though I have some technical sections on my track it is dominated by long straights and sweeping curves. The motor in my vette peaks early and low making it very slow even next to my Fly C5Rs.

Comment

My situation is that even though I have some technical sections on my track it is dominated by long straights and sweeping curves. The motor in my vette peaks early and low making it very slow even next to my Fly C5Rs.
                  With a track like this, I can see why the NC-11 in its stock setup in the Ninco1 cars wouldn't do the trick.

Have you tried gearing these cars taller? I've done this, and I've been very satisfied with the speed. I don't think it needs more motor, just more gear. And for young drivers, it makes it even easier for them to tame whatever torque the motor has.

Comment

Going with a different gear ratio would be less expensive than getting a new motor. Can I get the spec. on how the Vette is geared from the factory?

Comment

I haven't popped a car open this morning to look, but I think it's geared at 3:1 (9 tooth pinion, 27 tooth crown).

Comment

OK I tried to regear the original motor by going with a larger pinion gear 11t to 13t, the only one I had. It helped a little but the brakes went away. But on with the story. My order from an online shop came today and in the package was a bright shiny new NC-13 motor. So I installed the original pinion gear and repositioned the stock magnet slightly, closed the thing up and now I have a C6R that can hang in there with my Scaley and SCX vettes. The NC-13 motor is perfect for this car and should be the standard motor. It's not so quick as to make the car squirrelly but it does have enough stuff to make it more fun to drive.

Comment

OK I tried to regear the original motor by going with a larger pinion gear 11t to 13t, the only one I had. It helped a little but the brakes went away. But on with the story. My order from an online shop came today and in the package was a bright shiny new NC-13 motor. So I installed the original pinion gear and repositioned the stock magnet slightly, closed the thing up and now I have a C6R that can hang in there with my Scaley and SCX vettes. The NC-13 motor is perfect for this car and should be the standard motor. It's not so quick as to make the car squirrelly but it does have enough stuff to make it more fun to drive.
                          Yeah, going from a 9 tooth (which should be stock for this car) to a 13 tooth would probably take a lot of torque away, as well as brakes. An 11 might have been good here, but oh well. If the car is where you want it to be, that's all that matters, I suppose.

Comment

Ninco 1 motor

I love the Mustang but wonder, if I use the Proslot Euro motor (looks a simple exchange), on the basis of the "Triangle" i.e. 2 rear wheels and a guide, which rear wheels to use?? Perhaps F1. and a Prorace guide?

These cars ask for modification in the real world, so could it be a simply constructed "Hot rod"?

I guess this has already been tried!

Comment

I'd like to see that!

Comment

Working...
                              X