Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

thinking of changing to ninco from scaley!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As you mentioned the Ninco track is very good but sometimes the slot width gets a little narrow at the track joints. To open up the slots at the track joints, use Popsicle stick or other similar object and push against one side of the slot, then the other side of the slot. Repeat the steps until the slot width matches the width in between the track joints. You should only have to do this once or twice after changing the track layout. My track has been set up for years and I only did this to some of the track joints that needed it when I first set the track up and the track has performed flawlessly since.

Best regards,
    Brian

Comment

I own quite a bit of Ninco track myself. Of the big four i feel it`s the best all considered. You get a huge selection of track pieces, including snow and dirt track (wich is alot of fun) you can also get adapters for SCX/Scalextric track so you can use there analogue pieces. The digital system is very easy to use, chipping cars is no problem for even the most technically inept...
      I have started to convert my track to Slot.it`s oXigen system, which gives even more possebileties.
      My only big issue with Ninco is the lack of special pieces of tracks such as chicanes and banked corners.
      It`s also complicated to make a 4 track to 2 track layout without resorting to modifications.
      Ninco cars are good cars, especially the lightning cars, a bit pricey tho...
      But all in all i feel it`s the best system.

Comment

happy Ninco owner

Originally posted by lukeyboy900 View Post
        looking into getting a ninco set but only have about 150 limit to spend atm, i have scaley track but don't fancy having a mix of track and want to eventually run N-DIGITAL! what are the advantages of ninco over scaley?
        We didn't have a permanent location for a track, so the set I bought would need to survive regular building and tear-down. My father's Scalextric track felt flimsy by comparison, had dead spots, and didn't stay together well. The Ninco track has never had a dead spot and locks together tight. My kids have walked on it and it's survived. I'm quite happy with its durability, but that would be less of an issue if you were making a more permanent track.

I think the narrowness of the Scalextric track is a huge asset if you want to create a four-wide layout. Absent of that, I like it that my cars have room to wiggle in the corners without bumping into one another, and that I can slide them out in the corner without having to buy outer borders for the track.

Ninco has a wider variety of pieces than any other manufacturer.

This was more of a short-term issue for me, but the sets from Ninco came better equipped out of the box. The Ninco controllers and power supply weren't great, but were acceptable. The power surge on my father's Scalextric set when one car deslotted would send the other car off. The stock controllers were bad enough that I bought him replacements from Professor Motor. I also liked the cars better, and the layout was fairly large on my heavily discounted Ninco set.

As a reasonably happy owner, I wish Ninco would continue to refine their digital system the way Scalextric has, but I wouldn't trade it for another brand.

Chris

Comment

I'v had N-digital when I get into this hobby, then went to SSD and back to "ninco track"
          Great conductivity and I like the extra width and grip.

You need a different driving style for both SDD and Ninco track.

Comment

Working...
          X