Problems with Ninco roundabout kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Ninco roundabout kit

Hi i just got the Ninco roundabout kit #10513 http://www.ninco.com/product/66/0/0/...UT-KIT.htm?l=2

When connecting the two roundabout sections, my track looses all power.
    This is a analogue track based on the ninco M3 kit.
    connection between the pieces is good, so that`s not the problem. It seems to be some kind of power issue, almost like there is a short of some kind.
    Any thoughts?

Edit: After using google transelate i get the impression that i need two power suplies to get the roundabout kit to work... If so can i use the power suply that comes with the N digital kit?
    Last edited by Kimb; 11-06-2012, 05:14 AM. Reason: changed some facts

Well, let's think about it for a second. If you separate the powerbase from everything else and attach power, which direction are both lanes going? Now, attach one end of the loop to your power base -- which direction are the lanes going? There's a conflict, right? So you have to isolate the two lanes on the power track, or it doesn't work.

The Ninco power base should have two hookups for independent power supplies, and a switch for either 1 or 2 supplies. If it's set at 1 power supply, then both lanes are tied together, and power goes in the same direction for both lanes. If you set it for 2 power supplies, the lanes should be isolated. Now, if you only use one supply, then you should be able to use the loops with no problems.

I haven't used the loops, so I don't know this for certain, but it seems to be the logical way for it to work.

Comment

The NINCO #10401 Multifunction Power Base provides the capability that Kurt describes, and is required in order to use the Roundabout kit.

_michael

Comment

I think ElSEcundo is correct.

Comment

you need either the multi-function power section or open up the plate on the bottom of your power base & switch the wires on one lane.
          if you are going to do a lot of running alone it is a great way to double your track length, or, if you want to run rally races against the clock.

Comment

This is the powerbase i use now: http://www.ninco.com/product/7963/0/...WERBASE-RJ.htm

The ninco #10401 powerbase does not even show up at ninco.com, is it a discontinued item or is the ninco website not up to date?

Anyways i think it sucks that i have to fork out even more cash for a track piece, especially when it`s sugested on the bakside of the box that you can make a track with the roundabout kit...

edit: Ordered the #10401 track piece, needed some borders anyways... not a cheap hobby this...
            Last edited by Kimb; 11-06-2012, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimb View Post
              This is the RJ standard power base. It accepts only the #10315 RJ 35 Ohm Controller. This system uses modular phone plugs/jacks for the controller connection. If this is indeed the power base that you are using, those controllers won't work with the Multifunction power base.

edit: Ordered the #10401 track piece, needed some borders anyways
              The Multifunction power base is worthwhile having. Apart from its use with the Roundabout kit, it allows the use of two power sources which provides separate, isolated power for each lane, preventing sudden power surges when one car de-slots.

... not a cheap hobby this...
              Welcome to the asylum...

_michael

Comment

I got one of the bases you need with the loops. PM me and we could work out a deal for it.
                Eric

Comment

Thanks for the offer eric, but i have allready placed an order...

Kim

Comment

Originally posted by mfogg View Post
                    This is the RJ standard power base. It accepts only the #10315 RJ 35 Ohm Controller. This system uses modular phone plugs/jacks for the controller connection. If this is indeed the power base that you are using, those controllers won't work with the Multifunction power base.
                    _michael
                    it says 55 Ohm on my controllers, must be another powerbase i have then...

Comment

Originally posted by Kimb View Post
                      not a cheap hobby this...
                      When you consider what other hobbies can cost, and the relatively low production numbers for most slot car items, the prices don't seem unreasonable to me.

But then again- I spent a few years in my youth racing 1:1 cars. That my friend, can get expensive.

Comment

In that case you have the Ninco Standard Power Base #10101. However, you will need the Ninco #10306 Adapter (10310 to 10401) to connect the 55 Plus controllers to the Multifunction base. This is because the Multifunction base uses standard phone jacks while the standard base uses mini phone jacks. I have no idea why, except that It's possible that NINCO felt that the larger jacks would be better for the potential higher current loads that separate power sources might present.

_michael

Comment

If you have an extra NINCO standard power base, it can be used as long as you disconnect the power wires that go to one of the lanes.

Best regards,
                          Brian

Comment

The ninco #10401 powerbase does not even show up at ninco.com, is it a discontinued item or is the ninco website not up to date?
                            It's for an older audio style controller jack. Ninco is on its 3rd style of (analog) controller plug now. Buyer beware.

Comment

Originally posted by bkrownd View Post
                              It's for an older audio style controller jack. Ninco is on its 3rd style of (analog) controller plug now. Buyer beware.
                              This is more and more confusing? So can i use my controllers as they are or do i need some kind of adapter?

If it`s this one: "None-Advertiser (BRS Hobbies) link had been placed here, contrary to SCI Rules"

Then it appears to be just a ordinary stereo mini jack to standard jack connector, or has Ninco some proprietary connectors?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mod Comment: This is the part that is being referred to, I do believe.
                              Last edited by Wet Coast Racer; 11-06-2012, 05:53 PM. Reason: My edit in red, above

Comment

Working...
                              X