No announcement yet.

New Ninco Master

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great... Thanks for the info. I don't have the floor space for 24', but I can definitely get to the 12'x6'6" (I'm currently thinking 16'x6'6"). Still working on what kind of layout I'm going to use, as I'd like to eventually get to a 4 lane. Good idea with the doors and good luck on that extra 12'!

Comment

Well you will have to forgive the crappy cell phone shots but here it is, the folding closet doors I covered in green felt. For the support I made ladder rails, the whole thing folds up if I need to move it. I found seven of the 36" x 80" and one 30" x 80" doors on Craigslist for $8 each so I have three left for expansion 23' 5" x 6' 6" total table space available. (now I need more track).

I added some plexiglass splashboards in the danger areas (not pictured)

Average lap with the F430's is 4.36 and the GT-R is about 4.60. the hairpin is great drifty but touchy.

I can just get full throttle down the front before backing down. Thanks for looking more to come as I expand.

Comment

Pretty neat! That size table will let you create some nice layouts. Don't forget borders for those turns (I know you know).

_michael

Comment

Completely amazed at the difference a rail cleaning and lubricating makes. I started with a WD40 pass, followed by lightly working the whole track with the green side of a scotch brite sponge pad, then went back over with the sponge side (Dry), finished up with a light coat of WD40. The Ferrari F430 now averages 4.10 and the throttle response is instant instead of sluggish, it almost feels like analog now.

Comment

Originally posted by MatteBlack View Post
            ...followed by lightly working the whole track with the green side of a scotch brite sponge pad...
            Make sure that the green pad is [completely] non-abrasive. Many of this type of product claim to be non-abrasive, however, the degree of "non-abrasion" can depend as much on the surface being cleaned as on the cleaning pad itself. Those NINCO rails are mild steel with a micro-thin protective plating. If the plating is damaged or removed... well, let's not even talk about that.

_michael

Comment

Working...
            X