Xlot on scalextric sport track?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ross MacGregor
    started a topic Xlot on scalextric sport track?

Xlot on scalextric sport track?

Has anyone run xlot cars on a scalectric sport track? How do they run? I notice they are only slightly wider than most 1/32 cars. I love metal chassis of the xlot cars but I'm afraid they will be too big for my track.

Can these cars be converted to SSD with perhaps a slot.it chip?

• NJSLOT1_32
    replied
    Originally posted by NJSLOT1_32 View Post
    Our club ran several analog XLOT car races on Scalextric track, it was a few years back but I remember it being fun. Needed inner borders for the R1 curves, and you had to plan your passing, but that added to the fun.

The cars didn't catch on within our group though, more due to pricing than to performance. Smooth runners, but pricing was a barrier to entry for several of our club members.

Regarding space for a chip, although I don't run digital, I've seen the chips, and there was plenty of space between body and chassis for one. Obviously precautions should be taken to insulate the chip from the metal chassis, although plastic chassis were offered later.
    Here's a brief video of our group running XLOT cars on Scalextric Sport track. 4 would fit, we didn't have enough cars at the time.

[YOUTUBE]watch?v=MlXIxSlf4CA[/YOUTUBE]

Leave a comment:

• mfogg
    replied
    Originally posted by Ross MacGregor View Post
    Thanks, I am going to give them a try! I think it going to be just what I am looking for.
    Let us know how it works out and your impressions of the cars especially if you run them digital.

_michael

Leave a comment:

• kochj
    replied
    I have have 1 xslot car (metal chassis ). Although I run it on my Carrera track I agree with what others have said it should work.
    I must add. .... I can't believe that these cars didn't catch on more, but I am guessing that many thought that you could get a stamped 60$ kit and go with that..... But I must say. These are an absolute blast to drive. Talk about an endurance car. Wow. It is so stable lap after lap . That is what I would look for no stopping every 10 sec to put a car back on the track. And they truly respond to tunning. I paid half of what the original price was so perhaps I would think differently if I did. A nice BRM aluminum chassis cost the same and it is every bit as stable but you can't run them on the scaley track either.

Leave a comment:

• Ross MacGregor
    replied
    Thanks, I am going to give them a try! I think it going to be just what I am looking for.

Leave a comment:

• 132slotcar.us
    replied
    XLOT cars race side by side on Scalextric track with some space left over. R1 curves present some issues but not much more than with Scalextric cars.

Leave a comment:

• MrFlippant
    replied
    I've run ScaleAuto 1/24 cars on my Sport track. I doubt the XLOT cars will be any problem.

As for chipping them, I would make sure to have a ferrite man on both the motor and the pickups, just like in Scalextric cars. Also, make sure you are not running any magnetic traction. Finally, start with a low voltage and the wheels up. If the chip pops for any reason, don't replace it, repair it! The repaired chip will be better than a new one, and never pop again.

Leave a comment:

• NJSLOT1_32
    replied
    Our club ran several analog XLOT car races on Scalextric track, it was a few years back but I remember it being fun. Needed inner borders for the R1 curves, and you had to plan your passing, but that added to the fun.

The cars didn't catch on within our group though, more due to pricing than to performance. Smooth runners, but pricing was a barrier to entry for several of our club members.

Regarding space for a chip, although I don't run digital, I've seen the chips, and there was plenty of space between body and chassis for one. Obviously precautions should be taken to insulate the chip from the metal chassis, although plastic chassis were offered later.

Leave a comment:

• charlesx
    replied
    Scalextric plastic sport track is already fairly narrow for 1/32 so have my doubts about 1/28th but have not tried.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Leave a comment:

• Wet Coast Racer
    replied
    to SCI, Ross.

I have no idea what the answers to your questions are, but logically it seems to me that, as they're about 1/28 Scale, then room might be found in the chassis for an SSD Chip.

You'll find all Threads with Xslot being mentioned here on SCI.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X