Available Sideways Cars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Available Sideways Cars

How many Racer Sideways 1/32 cars are currently available right now? And, is it RIGHT(pretty evenly matched) to race these Racer Sideways cars against most Slot.It cars? I am using strictly rubber tires on all of my cars if that makes any difference. And my track is a 3 lane routed wood track with magnetic braid. It's a kinda' tight course too. ('Raceway Cantalupo' in the routed track section). Thank you for any and all info that anyone can offer. Joe B.

Right now there are 11 models of the Sideways Daytona prototypes out, and yes they SlotIt under the hood, same basic setup as the F40s, Mclarens, Audis, and Nissans, large hub wheels, inline orange endbell with offset pod, chassis slightly different.

Fred
    Last edited by Fred Fries; 11-04-2011, 02:44 PM. Reason: added info

Comment

I own a Racer Sideways Riley DP and a Slot.it Ford GT40. On Luf's Targa track, quite technical with very short straights, My Slot.it can consistently break into the 9 seconds per lap. My DP is usually two or three tenths slower. I am not a skilled driver, having just got back into this hobby, but this is my experience. I am still trying to get a bit of twist out of the DP's chassis, and perhaps haven't got it tuned properly yet. Also the Ford is a sidewinder and the DP an inline, but both appear to have the same motor with an orangey red endbell.

The DP comes in two chassis that I know of, Riley and Dallara, and in lots of different liveries. You would have to research the various online retail sites to see which are still available. Electric Dreams has 12 different liveries plus a white kit listed. I have seen others that they no longer list. Hope this helps.
      Last edited by retro racer 44; 11-04-2011, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by retro racer 44 View Post
        I own a Racer Sideways Riley DP and a Slot.it Ford GT40. On Luf's Targa track, quite technical with very short straights, My Slot.it can consistently break 9 seconds per lap. My DP is usually two or three tenths slower. I am not a skilled driver, having just got back into this hobby, but this is my experience. I am still trying to get a bit of twist out of the DP's chassis, and perhaps haven't got it tuned properly yet. Also the Ford is a sidewinder and the DP an inline, but both appear to have the same motor with an orangey red endbell.

The DP comes in two chassis that I know of, Riley and Dallara, and in lots of different liveries. You would have to research the various online retail sites to see which are still available. Electric Dreams has 12 different liveries plus a white kit listed. I have seen others that they no longer list. Hope this helps.
        the ones listed on ED are all the Sideways liveries that have been produced, SW01 thru SW12, one is a pre-order actually, I didn't check at ED, but Professor Motor has all models in stock right now.

Comment

Great! more cars to buy now.

Thanks! That was quick!! I love the way they look.(most of them anyway)And now I have another brand of cars to collect, that I can race with most of my Slot.its pretty evenly. (I already own the Red Riley) Thanks again for the info. Joe B

Comment

Gatsby191, I've found the the Dallara chassis cars are the fastest on my 3 lane wood track using copper tape. I too have all of the Racer Sideways and 5 of the Fly Dp's.

Joe F.

Comment

Originally posted by slot.itfan View Post
              Gatsby191, I've found the the Dallara chassis cars are the fastest on my 3 lane wood track using copper tape. I too have all of the Racer Sideways and 5 of the Fly Dp's.

Joe F.
              How do the Fly Dps and the Racer Sideways do against each other? Just curious. Thanks! Joe B.

Comment

Working...
              X