Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disappointment-- Racer how dare you!

Got my order of the Gulf oil Abarth.
    All three was nicely secured by the base screw and two other "shipping" screws. One of the cars had a mirror broken. This could not have happened because of shipping and handling, as the car was secured correctly.
    After this disappointment I wanted to test one on the track, just to find out that the front wheels was locked up on the body.
    Found both other cars to have the same problem. I then removed the body to find the interior with scuff marks and BIG blobs of glue on it.
    If all three cars have the same problem with the locked up wheels, why did RACER send out the cars like this?
    Racer is a premium car and this problems!! I'm not happy.
    Will not EVER buy a racer again.

NO ONE does 1:1 quality anymore. It is way too expensive. I think the true problem can be found etched on the bottom of the chassis. "Made in China" is the culprit, not Racer. Unless they sit and reject all those with issues on during assembly, this is what you can expect to continue to receive.

I usually purshase my slot cars from Slot.It. But prior to placing one on the track to run laps with, I always remove the body, check the fit of all parts, lubricate the bushings in the chassis and motor and just give it all a look over.

Works for me.

Comment

Have you tried contacting Racer?

Perhaps contacting the manufacturer or even the place you bought them and explaining this situation will give them the chance to correct the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by nhdungeonracer View Post
        Have you tried contacting Racer?

Perhaps contacting the manufacturer or even the place you bought them and explaining this situation will give them the chance to correct the problem.
        What he said. I cannot believe that Racer would ever knowingly have let crappy products like that make it to market!

Comment

i have two racers, and both of them came from the factory with locked up front wheels. in my case, it wasn't because of globs of glue, it was because the wheels where pushed against the front axle supports. just needed to loosen a grub screw and back one of the wheels off a milimeter or so, but it's not something i'd expect from a company selling $250 slot cars.

one of the two had a transaxle that was so low that it dragged on the track, and the other one had the exhaust glued on crooked. the tires on both cars were visibly lumpy and required significant truing.

but despite all this, i still think they are great cars. not $250 great, but i'd gladly pay $125-$150...

Comment

I was not very clear on the locked up wheels. The wheels press up against the body wheel arches. This is on all three cars. The front axle is not adjustable up or down. I will have have to file the post on the chassis and then make something to keep the axle down. But by doing this the front wheels will be lowered more. Maybe the best will be to sand the tires until there is some clearance.
            I can understand one car, but all three! It means all the cars they produced will have the same problem.
            The blobs of glue is to glue the interior to the body.
            Realy a piece of #$%^

Comment

I've got 3 cars from the racer range; 2 silver line and a dear one (plus several sideways cars but that's not what we're discussing). My Toyota is a great car, and the chassis was so agreeable I bought a dropped one off a mate just for the chassis. My 935 k3 is a great car, and right out of the box which is a bonus. My 250 gto, however, took ages to get both looking and running right. I'm not a big fan of taking to a $160aud car with a dremel. Once I did the work the car was both looking and running extremely well, perhaps your fiat's only need a little work to get running well, I hope so.

Comment

contact racer and they should respond and correct your issue. i have had many racer cars arrive with a variety of correctable issues. the worst being the flashing not being trimmed on the chasis of my P98 around the rear wheels. the jaggered pieces of plastic were cutting into the rear tires. i emailed them pics and they promtly responded and mailed me new rear tires and a new chasis. i do question how this $250 car was shipped as the unfinished chasis was blantently obvious. also could never figure out why they put stickers on the tires instead of direct ink. the stickers last about a 1/2 lap before peeling off if they dont come off in your hand when placing the car on the track.

Comment

The first thing you need to do is to pour yourself a large libation of choice, take a deep breth, and calm down a bit. Marco, from Racer is a nice guy, and will respond with help for you, but being nasty will not help you problem solution.

I have most of the Sideways DP cars, and a few of the $$$$ cars. When ever I've had a problem, Marco has quickly responded with a solution. Here is the email address:

[email protected]

I hope Marco is as helpful for you as he has been for me.

Of course, the ultimate solution to the problems is simple; remove the "made in China" from the bottom of the cars!!!!!!

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by WRW13 View Post
                    The first thing you need to do is to pour yourself a large libation of choice, take a deep breth, and calm down a bit. Marco, from Racer is a nice guy, and will respond with help for you, but being nasty will not help you problem solution.

I have most of the Sideways DP cars, and a few of the $$$$ cars. When ever I've had a problem, Marco has quickly responded with a solution. Here is the email address:

[email protected]

I hope Marco is as helpful for you as he has been for me.

Of course, the ultimate solution to the problems is simple; remove the "made in China" from the bottom of the cars!!!!!!

Bill
                    With all due respect the problem is not the made in China, the problem is Racer charging $$$$$$ for a car but not closely monitoring the quality. You can get quality production out of China if you take the time to find the right supplier. I have plenty of clients that produce goods or contract manufacture with companies there and they don't have those types of problems. The blame falls right on Racer for not doing enough due diligence when selecting a contract manufacture and for not doing enough to bring the quality standards up. If you can't ensure quality then don't market your products as premium slot cars and sell them at ridiculous costs.
                    Last edited by greenjo2; 05-16-2012, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Hi everibody,
                      I just would like to post a reply regarding trhis matter.
                      First of all the problem is not "made in China" since, once for all, RACER and
                      RACER Silver Line are "made in Italy" in our factory. Only SIDEWAYS plastic models
                      are made in China and not $$$$$$ and never had big quality control issues with them.
                      Said that I expect somebody may say, well even worst since we did not made a
                      correct quality control directly in our factory. Before saying this is true I need to have
                      those 3 cars back and check/investigate where was the problem.
                      The guy who posted the claim will have anyway 3 brand new cars and this will demonstrate
                      once again the level of our postsale assistance to our customers most of you already know.
                      Regarding the "ridiculous" cost of Racer cars I think is time to know this is related to an
                      artisanal product for which everithing is made by hand by expertized staff. Starting from resin
                      casting, to painting and overall to assembly. There are no pop-up parts on Racer and Silver
                      Line models, all what you see on the car (photoetching, small details, glasses) are glued in
                      such a way that glue must not be visible anytime. Just would like to make sure everibody
                      can imagine which kind of skill is needed for doing that. Also, there is no industrial tampoprinting on that models like it is for plastic slot cars instead.
                      That's why the price become ridiculous for somebody and evaluate this kind of product for
                      somebody else.
                      As an artisanal product, and who know how to work with resin for sure is aware of it, some
                      problem can anyway occur in spite of all careful and check, that's why we always give
                      maximum attention to postsale assistance to our customers.

Marco
                      RACER Slot cars

Comment

My compliments to Marco

Comment

Originally posted by xerxes View Post
                          My compliments to Marco

Comment

Originally posted by xerxes View Post
                            My compliments to Marco

Comment

Originally Posted by xerxes