racer on a scaley budget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• racer on a scaley budget

i got this as an unpainted kit for $70. finally got around to painting it this weekend. i went with a satin finish, similar to what they use on the lemans miniatures cars. one of the headlight covers was cracked, so you might notice they are missing in the pictures. i used decals and paint i already had lying around, so the grand total was $70...

Real nice job, and as you've shown, can build one with parts you probably already have on hand.

There's an annual (well, almost annual) regional and national championship series featuring these cars, many participants did what you described, including the first 2 national champions.

How do you like the way it runs?

Comment

Nice! Looks great. Are you hoping to find another headlight to finish it up with?

Comment

njslot - i love the way it drives. i know some kits lack motors, but this kit came with everything needed to build a car, including a white endbell motor. i just needed paint, decals and glue. the white motor seems to be less torquey than the orange endbell that came with my other racers, but the more modest acceleration makes it fun to drive. it also has the old style resin chassis, which actually works really well.

mrflippant - i'd like to find another headlight, but it isn't a big deal.

Comment

Gonna bring that out to play, Mike? I think I can make a pair of headlight covers for you!!

Time for resin series???

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by boopiejones View Post
            njslot - i love the way it drives. i know some kits lack motors, but this kit came with everything needed to build a car, including a white endbell motor. i just needed paint, decals and glue. the white motor seems to be less torquey than the orange endbell that came with my other racers, but the more modest acceleration makes it fun to drive. it also has the old style resin chassis, which actually works really well.
            Mike,

I think the white can motors have higher RPM and lower torque than the orange. I have a couple of older Slot.it cars with the white and find them to be very smooth on my track.

Nice work on the paint....looks great!

David

Comment

Hi. I'll be glad to send you a couple of headlight glasses to let you finish your car.
              Just let me know your address

It should be an old Racer kit with that white endbell motor, but it works. Very good price for a
              complete kit.

Ciao, Marco

Comment

Marco,

thank you very much for the offer on the headlight glass. i'll send you a PM

this is definitely an older kit, as it not only has a white motor but also a resin chassis. i was considering purchasing a replacement plastic chassis, but the resin chassis seemed nice and flat so i thought i'd try it - it works great.

Comment

Originally posted by Alcopa View Post
                  Gonna bring that out to play, Mike? I think I can make a pair of headlight covers for you!!

Time for resin series???

Steve
                  Cool offer... can you make any kind of resin headlights? If so, PM me? I've got something that I'd like to send you...

Comment

Sorry, we just make headlight covers for our cars.
                    Marco

Comment

Working...
                    X