SW17 capri Mampe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SW17 capri Mampe

does anyone know an expected (even loosely) delivery date for this car? I have a family member that would love one as a Christmas present.... just wondering if that is going to happen.

Racer

i just thought i'd point out that this is a racer/sideways car... in case anyone didn't notice it was posted in the racer/sideways forum..

Comment

even though slightly delayed, it will be available in about two weeks

Comment

Hi Marco,

Whilst we wait anxiously for the Mampe Capri to be availabe, I've read elsewhere about Racer's plans to expand the Group 5 field even further, with talk of Celica's, Stratos's & even the Mustang version of the Capri, amongst others...

I believe the livery that might be being considered for the Mustang Turbo is might be the #6 Red/White "it's Miller time" entry driven in the US in the 2nd half of 1981 by Klaus Ludwig:

To my mind, the much nicer livery of that car was raced to victory in the Sears Point 100 mile race July '82. Still driven by Ludwig, the entry now had the 'corporate' White with various shades of Blue stripes:

Really looking forward to this whole line of Group 5 beasties that Racer are brining to market - I'm sure they'l be very successfull! (the blue Rodenstock Toyota Celica would be a good choice too, just saying...)

Cheers, Tony.
        Last edited by bov; 12-03-2012, 01:23 PM. Reason: I can now insert the pics....

Comment

No one has any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by bov View Post
            Hi Marco,

Whilst we wait anxiously for the Mampe Capri to be availabe, I've read elsewhere about Racer's plans to expand the Group 5 field even further, with talk of Celica's, Stratos's & even the Mustang version of the Capri, amongst others...

I believe the livery that might be being considered for the Mustang Turbo is might be the #6 Red/White "it's Miller time" entry driven in the US in the 2nd half of 1981 by Klaus Ludwig:

To my mind, the much nicer livery of that car was raced to victory in the Sears Point 100 mile race July '82. Still driven by Ludwig, the entry now had the 'corporate' White with various shades of Blue stripes:

Really looking forward to this whole line of Group 5 beasties that Racer are brining to market - I'm sure they'l be very successfull! (the blue Rodenstock Toyota Celica would be a good choice too, just saying...)

Cheers, Tony.
            Yes, this... I was very excited for Pioneer's version if the Stang, now I'll have to wait for this one...

Most of all, though, I also can't wait for the Nissan Skyline Group 5 that has been mentioned here and there...

I suppose all of that was a bit off topic, sorry...

Comment

I've got all of the Fly and Carrera Group 5 cars and they're all great runners with a little work. I've also purchased Racers two releases and am waiting for their second Capri. I don't hear of many here who run a group 5 series, wonder why?

Comment

Our club in NJ has been running Group 5 series over the past several years. We limited motor to 22k RPM, except the Sideways cars had to run their stock motor, as we anticipated they'd have an advantage over most of the other cars. We raced once on each of our 8 club tracks, winners were:

Sideways Capri
                MRRC Toyota Celica
                Fly Racing Capri
                Sideways Capri
                Racer Porsche 935k
                Fly Racing Capri
                Fly Racing Capri
                MRRC Toyota

The Sideways Lancia wasn't released until after the series started, it had a couple of podium finishes as well.

Sideways has been sponsoring a regional/national race championship for their Daytona Prototype cars over the last few years, I'm hoping they do the same for their Group 5 cars.

Comment

Good for your club. I think the Group 5 cars need more exposure. Our club doesn't run them at all. I've used my Carrera Porsche 935's and Fly Capri's for IROCS as a way to possibly generate some interest but they just haven't caught on. Good to see you enjoy them also.

Comment

Originally posted by bov View Post
                    No one has any thoughts?
                    I try not to think about it...because of the damage it will do to my wallet when the latest Capri and the Mustang derivative are released!

Don M

Comment

So, I collected my Mampe Capri today

Haven't run it as yet, but looks mighty fine......

Cheers, Tony...

Next...... (now, about that White & Blue Mustang.....)
                      Last edited by bov; 12-15-2012, 05:17 AM.

Comment

"Mampe" Capri in Canada

Mini Grid's got it in stock for you Canadian slot car racers who need it in time for Christmas...

Comment

Group-5 2013

Originally posted by slot.itfan View Post
                          I've got all of the Fly and Carrera Group 5 cars and they're all great runners with a little work. I've also purchased Racers two releases and am waiting for their second Capri. I don't hear of many here who run a group 5 series, wonder why?
                          Running a Group-5 Proxy race in 2013. If interested take a look under "Race Events and Proxy Racing" for rules, etc

Jack

Comment

Working...
                          X