New BMW M1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New BMW M1

Does anyone know if Racer will come out with aonther version of the BMW M1? or maybe a white kit?
    Thanks.

Glen,

"Scaleracing" had posted that there an announced M1 coming from Sideways in their Group 5 Serkies of slot cars.

Comment

The only one available now that I know of is the white Schnitzer #51... I was wondering if more liveries were coming out soon, or a white kit. I could always just strip down the Schnitzer, just a lot of work, ...

Comment

Glen,

You are correct, at least partially.

While both are Schnitzer, one is SW23 and the other SW25. The postp that Alan provided (you can view it in the forum section 132slotcasus) shows two very different liveries.

Comment

give it time

The first livery only came out a few weeks ago.

The SW25 livery should be here January, the complete white kits, and the white body only kit will be about the same time, - and there are a pack of liveries to follow.

Comment

Glen-

Don't even THINK about the BASF livery...

SC

Comment

Hey Steve,
              Since I have no idea what that BASF livery looks like, I guess you are safe!
              I think I will wait for the white kit to surface.. I have some nice chrome paint waiting....

Comment

Have fun with that livery!

Comment

Look into the M1, you are getting very sleepy....

Comment

I know this a old post. But last nite I raced my BMW M1 for the 1st time and won. The problem I was having was wheel chatter in the turns. The track is a wood surface and the car is stock. I did bake the chassis to flatten and trued front and rear tires. Rear tires are stock, and I did the ride height with front tires. Is there anything I can do to make it smoother? I'm using a professor motors controller, so sensitivity wasn't real high. Any info would be helpful...thanks...Badbrad

Comment

Swap out the motor pod for one of the newer stiffer ones if it does not have that already. That makes a BIG difference.

Comment

Is there a way to see if it has the newer motor pod?

Comment

I used epoxy to attach a u-shaped brace to the older style motor pod on mine. It braces the center of the pod to the axel bushings. It made all the difference and the car is now the fastest of all of my Racer Sideways cars.

Comment

Spend the $10 and get a slot it hard pod. racers made a better pod within the last year on their newer cars, I still prefer the slot it pod

Originally posted by Badbrad View Post
                            Is there a way to see if it has the newer motor pod?

Comment

Working...
                            X