1/24 home set cars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/24 home set cars

anyone try these on a Carrera layout? Do aftermarket silicone/urethane rears that fit on the aluminum wheels fit on the plastic wheels?
    Last edited by sportblazer350; 02-28-2019, 08:53 PM.

Never knew these existed. I may have missed it but you’d think this is info you’d want to share. I’m anxious to hear how they perform.

Comment

At a guess, the only issue that might come up would be guide flag depth, as the Scaleauto cars would typically be run on a routed club track or similar. Easy enough to modify or replace a part like that.

Comment

Is there a review on these cars? You'd think if it were new, there'd be a lot of come look at me info on them.

Comment

20190313_114211-01.jpeg
          https://www.132slotcar.us/store/product_info.php?products_id=9894

Scaleauto Viper SC-7066HS $79.99

20190313_114240-01.jpeg 20190313_114217-01.jpeg 20190313_114224-01.jpeg 20190313_114232-01.jpeg

OK a review of sorts.
          We have the Home Series 1:24 cars in stock $79.99
          Great value for home and club racers. Easily converted to Carrera Digital.
          You can change to a more robust and deeper guide.
          I built one using the SC-16O3 or SC-1604 type Scaleauto guides. I used the SC -1603 which is the deeper guide which is great for Wood Tracks and probably Carrera as well. If running on Carrera Digital I recomment changing the profile of the front of the guide as the submarine type guides may get stuck in the lane changers.
          Running stock except the rear wheels were switched for Scaleauto sponge tires. The Viper I tested is about 3/10 slower than our race cars with the Scaleauto metal chassis ( $159.99 plus ) with sponge tires all round and a 25,000 rpm motor.

So not bad for a car with a 22,000 rpm motor ( SC-0026 ) and geared 12:42 with a nylon pinion.

The test car did have added front grub screws to set ride height and a Carrera Digital chip as also testing on Carrera Digital 24.

So fun, great value, easy to mount other bodies with their additional mounting kit.

Will add more as soon as I can but check them out at :

https://www.132slotcar.us/store/index.php?cPath=394_875

The rear wheels on this car are worn out they were taken off a Race Viper so I could quickly test. Even with very small rear tires this car ran strong. The inserts can be removed from the plastic wheels to fit in SC-2421 rear tires if so required. You can also fit SC-4043 alloy wheels and then fit rubber or other tires of your choice for your track.

Front axle height was set up with 2mm grub screws which screw in top and bottom of the chassis like on the 1:32 scale cars.

There is also a complete tuning system for these cars. They can be adjusted for different tracks, grip levels and different bodies including Model Kits.

NASCAR anyone!!!
          Last edited by Scaleracing; 03-14-2019, 06:25 AM.
          Alan Smith
          SCI Owner.
          www.scaleracing.com
          www.slotcarillustrated.com
          www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
          www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

We have way more in stock than shown right now.

With the Hosting issues and other SCI problems plus our Store Site being crashed as well last October and now on a New Server we are playing catch up.
            Plus with the Magnet Marshal 2 hitting the market a few weeks ago I am buried in orders.

Also rebuilding SCI.

Call if you have questions on the Home Series 1:24 line great value and a rolling chassis for converting model kits will be listed soon.

$49.99

All I need is time.

Alan Smith
            SCI Owner.
            www.scaleracing.com
            www.slotcarillustrated.com
            www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
            www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

I received my BMW Z4 today, thanks very much Alan. And boy, is it ever a good looking car! And I mean that both in terms of aesthetics AND the mechanicals. Some pics:

DSC00664.jpg

DSC00668.jpg

DSC00671.jpg

Looking forward to running it on Friday! Will give some feedback after.

Alwyn

Comment

Thanks for the pics Alwyn. Do you guys run silicone or urethane? Looking forward to the drive report.
                Dave

Comment

Originally posted by dw5555 View Post
                  Thanks for the pics Alwyn. Do you guys run silicone or urethane? Looking forward to the drive report.
                  Dave
                  Hi Dave

Sorry for the slow response. We basically run urethanes exclusively. Some of us do prep and use rubber tyres for proxy cars and we also run rubber proxies but after some bad experiences silicones are out.

As for the drive report: I finished tyre prep etc and took the car to the track yesterday And for some perspective ahead of time: best lap times for my 1/24 cars (all BRM)

Porsche 917 6.607
                  Porsche 962 6.761
                  McLaren F1 GTR 6.783
                  Mustang 6.872

Right off the bat I have to say the Scaleauto car is an absolute joy to drive! It is smooth, quiet, predictable: just loved it! And at the end of the evening: no suppose: a new fastest 1/24 lap time @ 6.542 sec. Not a huge difference but still. I find it more quiet and smooth than any of my BRM cars, this at half the price. All I did for preparation was to replace the rear plastic wheels with metal ones (front wheels still the stock plastic), replaced the guide with a screw in Scaleauto guide, added grub screws to the bottom of the front axle (you have to do a bit of surgery here as the primary base plate overlaps the holes a tad), set the clearances, set the front axle height, lubricate & go.

So: I have to say this is quite an incredible car on the 80' rather technical wood track we run on. I suspect there could be a little flurry of orders from people in our group so Alan: be warned!

I consider this the 1/24th bargain of the year: well done Scaleauto!

Alwyn

Comment

I see the complete rolling chassis is now listed on page 2 of the link in post #5 Can any one tell me what the inside diameter of the face of the plastic wheel is [for inserts] and what the maximum depth of an insert could be?
                    I would like to cut down kit wheels for inserts, but I am thinking the diameter of the wheels may be too large for the ones I would use [mainly '60's and '70's American cars].
                    Also, are these axles the same size as the Scaleauto metal chassis cars?
                    Randy

Comment

Man I love that Z4, thanks for the info Alwyn. Also good luck in the 24hrs!
                      Dave

Comment

Originally posted by 32lbKING View Post
                        Can any one tell me what the inside diameter of the face of the plastic wheel is [for inserts] and what the maximum depth of an insert could be?
                        I cut the plastic wheels apart to get the original inserts and they fit perfectly in the Scaleauto metal wheels part # SC-4043. ID of the wheels is 20.16mm measured to the best of my ability. Measuring an ID like this with calipers is always a touch dodgy...

Depth of the metal wheel is just under 7mm with a bit of a raised boss in the middle

Originally posted by 32lbKING View Post
                        Also, are these axles the same size as the Scaleauto metal chassis cars?
                        Diameter is the same (3mm) but I do not have anything to compare them with for length. Note also that the Home Series axles have flats on them at the ends for the plastic wheels. I do not know if the "regular" axles have that as well. It did not cause any issues for putting the metal wheels on, in fact I like the fact that the grub screws can lock onto the flat. It certainly does not cause any out of roundness or anything: the car is silky smooth.

Hope this helps.

Alwyn

Comment

Originally posted by dw5555 View Post
                          Man I love that Z4, thanks for the info Alwyn. Also good luck in the 24hrs!
                          Dave
                          Thanks Dave: I am started to get very excited about it. And not a bit apprehensive: I am stepping into a very professional, successful team and I would hate to let them down! I have done three BRM 1/24 scale 24 hour races (NOT my scale!) but this will be my first 1/32 one.

Fingers crossed....

Comment

Alwyn,Thank you for the info. I appreciate it. Are the wheels on your car the same as the generic looking ones on the rolling chassis or are the inserts part of the wheel?
                            About the axles, is there a corresponding flat spot in the wheels on your BMW ?
                            Thanks again,
                            Randy

Comment

Second question on the wheels. Are the plastic wheels the same size as the metal wheels on the race BRM? IE Can the same tire be used on either the metal or plastic wheels?
                              Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X