• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building the Scaleauto 1/24th BMW Z4 White Kit SC - 7031

Building theScaleauto 1/24 BMW Z4 White kit SC - 7031

PART 1 ON ASSEMBLING THE WHITE KIT

BY SLOTBUTTON

Here we have the familiar Scaleauto white kit packaging. Those of you that have read my previous build threads will know I like this type of packaging for cars I am going to race.

READ MORE
    Last edited by slotbutton; 04-23-2013, 11:43 PM.

• Scaleracing
    replied
    Trim guide, tighten nuts, bolts and screws.

To get the best out of these cars you should check axle alignment, Loctite and tighten screws and nuts. Set gear mesh, lubricate all moving parts. Check for burrs on all metal parts which will prevent good alignment. On NINCO Track the stock rear tires will work fine once glued onto the rims. On bodies check and re-enforce with Shoe Goo, especially the nose area, and any interior parts that could be dislodged in an impact. Re-enforce the rear wing before you break the uprights, also check the interior tray does not hit the gear or motor.

Have fun, they run great on NINCO track, we have run National Finals on NINCO track, on Rubber, and on Sponge tires.

I believe Darren covers some of this in his White Kit build up: http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/in..._articleid=667 and here : http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/in..._articleid=668
    Last edited by Scaleracing; 06-21-2013, 04:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Profoxcg
    replied
    Here is mine !!

Not a Z4 but a Bemmer!

I need to trim the guide just a little tiny bit, not big deal.

Leave a comment:

• tamar.nelwan
    replied
    Car or track

Originally posted by Profoxcg View Post
    This thread really pushed me to buy one of these cars. I got a bemmer my way !!
    I am very excited. I hope I can make it run on my Ninco car.
    I guess you mean on your Ninco track

Its possible, mind you you will most likely need to trim your guide as the Ninco slot is quite shallow.
    Depending on the age of your track you'll be burning tyres faster then on wood or Carrera tracks

with kind regards
    Tamar

Leave a comment:

• Profoxcg
    replied
    This thread really pushed me to buy one of these cars. I got a bemmer my way !!
    I am very excited. I hope I can make it run on my Ninco car.

Leave a comment:

• slotbutton
    replied
    Thanks Tamar - decals are on their way so I better get cracking on finishing the paint

Leave a comment:

• tamar.nelwan
    replied
    Minor details & decals

Hello Darren

Dansula already pointed you in the right direction, Studio 27 is the best quality, but as you already noticed their decalset is for the 2012 Ring 24hrs race.
    Now the Schubert decals I used for my Z4 had 2 versions: both Ring 24hrs as well as the regular 2012 VLN series....Races also done by the VDS team.

Mind you please do a test fit first (trace the decals on some masking tape or scan and color/copy them onto a white decalsheet.
    All currently available Z4 decals are mastered on the Fujimi Z4 body, which is very scale accurate, but differs quite a bit from how Scaleauto chose to shape their Z4.

And if you are determined to make this Blancpain Series version you may have to search for a decal printer like decaldoc, nickdraw or send a mail to Fola and try to get a generic numbershield and windowstreamer decal set.

On the other hand, there's a great tutorial on SCI on how to do your own decals, and by the looks of it the numbershields and windowstreamer are the only notable differences and should be easy to draw and print on some white decalsheet.

p.s. Sold out?....try other sources there are more webshops that stock ST27 just google and then there's alway the E...
    second hit on google
    http://www.hobbyeasy.com/en/data/2tw...jcq1tg4wl.html in stock

Good luck and keep up the good work.

with kind regards
    Last edited by tamar.nelwan; 06-16-2013, 07:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• slotbutton
    replied
    Maybe not just noticed they are sold out!

Leave a comment:

• slotbutton
    replied
    Thanks Daniel, definitely going to order those. Little bit more expensive than the usual supplier, but a lot more accurate

Leave a comment:

• dansula
    replied
    Darren
    Have you tried Studio 27?

web link

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10210244

Leave a comment:

• slotbutton
    replied
    Thanks for the templates I will put those too good use.

I plan on doing this livery:

Courtesy of Racingsportscars.com

However the available decals out there are not 100% accurate. Your decals always look good, where do you get them?

Darren

Leave a comment:

• tamar.nelwan
    replied
    Scaleauto Z4 Window templates

Originally posted by slotbutton View Post
    ... In the paint process now so will conclude the article when the decals arrive.
    Hello Darren, and other Z4 builders
    Here are the templates I made to mask of the inside of your Scaleauto Z4 windows.
    I've attached the same file as a PDF.
    The box surrounding the templates is 3,0 inch by 75 mm, so no matter which side of the ocean you're on, you should have a proper measurement check when you print this file

Simply transfer these drawings to the wide Tamiya masking tape and apply to the insides of your window.
    Dont forget to mask of the complete outside of the clear part and use acrylic and or waterbased paint to paint them.

Good luck with the paint process Darren, which decals are you going to use?

with kind regards
    Tamar

Leave a comment:

• Scaleracing
    replied
    I have used this on Motorcycle fairings.

Silica Thickener or filler, added to strong liquid glues create a very solid joint. Strong enough that when I tested the fairings would break in other places not the original repaired cracks. Some here use baking soda and that will thicken the glue, silica works even better.

Shoe Goo is clear, the original formula, but they also make a black which is a little more liquid. Both work well in creating a rubberized joint.

Leave a comment:

• tamar.nelwan
    replied
    Originally posted by slotbutton View Post
    Thanks for the tips Tamar, I will set up the chassis as you mentioned. In the paint process now so will conclude the article when the decals arrive.

Couple of questions:

What are or is Micro bubbles?
    Is Shoe Goo gel the brand or similar to Shoe goo but a gel?
    Hello Darren
    Sometimes its more difficult translating brands and materials than the actual languages themselves
    Specially for the day to day stuff that is off the shelf available locally..but unheard of on other continents.

Micro bubbles
    This was my best guess translation as I'd seen the term used before on Automotive forums.
    They are miniscule resin/glass/mineral beeds or grains. They're used to give cyanoacrilic glue some substance, easy to fill larger gaps and speed up the setting process.

I googled a bit and finally found this site with English text

http://www.schwanheimer-industriekle...iller-30g.html

While googling I also found some references of guys using caustic soda and even johnson talk powder.
    Apparently any form of small particle that can be encapsulated by the CA glue will do the job

Neoprene Glue in gel form
    Same goes for the Neoprene glue that is so well promoted by Alan as an all bonding agent
    The stuff I use here in holland is called Bison Kit, which is a fluid yellowish Neoprene glue that will draw sticky threads on application. It is in effect the same type of glue as used by your local shoemaker
    Which is why most of us prefer the gel type which is called Bison tix.

Now my assumption was that ypur Shoe goo was quite similar, so I Googled for a Gel type and found this. But upon reading the info it says that Shoe goo is transparent...so maybe the other characteristics are different as well.

With kind regards
    Tamar

Leave a comment:

• slotbutton
    replied
    Thanks for the tips Tamar, I will set up the chassis as you mentioned. In the paint process now so will conclude the article when the decals arrive.

Couple of questions:

What are or is Micro bubbles?
    Is Shoe Goo gel the brand or similar to Shoe goo but a gel?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X