X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sportblazer350
    started a topic NJ SCALE Racing April race results

NJ SCALE Racing April race results

NJ SCALE Racing held it's monthly April race at The Race Place, Farmingdale NJ, here are the reults of the Scaleauto race:

1) Arron Moore.......153 laps.........6.589796.......green lane.......fast lap time winner
    2) Mike Haskins......148 laps.........6.867430.......blue lane........
    3) Mike Burke.........148 laps.........6.808725.......white lane.......
    4) Dan McCullom.....147 laps.........6.918393.......green lane
    5) Martin Dixon.......144 laps.........6.702803........green lane
    6) Mario Baskin......141 laps.........7.140601........purple lane
    7) Glenn Orban........140 laps.........7.141283........green lane
    8) Jim Regan...........139 laps.........7.089346........yellow lane
    9) Alex mcCullom.....134 laps.........6.922388........yellow lane
    10) Robert Holt........122 laps.........6.972885........blue lane

read what I said in the BRM race results, same thing applied to this race- anyone can place on the podium, but can you keep your car in the slot, avoid crashes, keep your car intact and without parts issues?? Arron, the race group's Scaleauto expert, proved it in this race- a 6.58 fast lap!!! And look- 7 of the 10 racers had fast lap times in the 6 second range- just a short time back, if someone broke into the high 6 second range once or twice in a race, we thought that was quick, but not anymore- it is just how well these cars are being tuned and raced.

I tuned my back-up out Porsche with a narrow wheel track, and that proved a mistake. After the race I went wide, and was running laps times in the 6 second range, so I expect to place better in May's race. Now if I can avoid crashes..............after the race, a few more tuning changes- raised the body (too low in one front corner caused a few off's in the hi-bank curve), and found one front tire slightly off the rim, then I was running smoother. Dan's young grandson once again proved that younger kids can do well racing SCALE hardbody cars- he drove fast, and did not trash the car- first time on this track, with these cars- congrats on 2 good first races to Alex!!

Robert Holt, a usual race winner/podium finisher, had his share of troubles, but never gave up. The 2 Mikes were right next to one another in both races (see BRM results too). Everyone had a good race, the tough competition proving to tempt us to push our cars too, and sometimes beyond- their limitations. So if you want excitement and fun in your racing- join us for both next month! Look again at the results- overall a very close race.
    Last edited by sportblazer350; 05-10-2014, 06:18 PM.

• sportblazer350
    replied
    Originally posted by mab0707 View Post
    Once again it's mario baskin c'mon glenn change that!!!
    man, you busted me all 3 times! I can't get away with anything.......

Leave a comment:

• mab0707
    replied
    Once again it's mario baskin c'mon glenn change that!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X