NJ SCALE Racing May race results

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NJ SCALE Racing May race results

1) Aaron Moore.......150 laps.........6.918459......white lane.....
    2) Robert Holt.........148 laps.........6.808279......yellow lane....
    3) Mike Burke.........148 laps.........6.870910......white lane.....
    4) Martin Dixon.......147 laps.........6.749667......white lane**fast lap time winner..
    5) Glenn Orban.......147 laps..........6.980400.....yellow lane
    6) Mario Baskin(S)??..144 laps..6.968384.....blue lane
    7) Mike Haskins.......143 laps.........6.980282.....green lane
    8) Jim Regan...........137 laps.........7.139760.....green lane

Another great race, once again proving how evenly matched and consistent these cars are. As in previous races, anyone can get on the podium. Just look at the race results, with every car having nearly the same fast lap times, all around the 7.00 mark, just under or over by a little bit. And also look at the total laps- 2nd place 2 laps down, 4th and 5th only 1 less lap than 2nd/3rd place finishers, and the total laps showing a very close overall race. Also notice that the fast lap winner did not make the podium, and the winner had the 4th fastest car! Like I always say- anyone can get a podium finish.

My Porsche is a newly acquired used model, with a new motor, which is a bit slower than the first motors issued, and yet I broke into the 6.9s range, which is not bad for my second race with this car. Mike Haskins raced his recently acquired used Porsche as well, so with some more track time and tuning, we expect to see lower lap times. Even Mario broke into the 6's, and he just recently started to race with us again, showing how well this model car is even for the novice (at this track, and to these cars). This same thing happened in the April race with Dan's grandson, as that was his first SCALE race, and first race on The Red Lightning. I mention this to show those who have yet to race with us that you can put an out of the box car right on the track and do well.

If you have yet to race a 1/24 scale Scaleauto car on a commercial track, or just to hang out and watch one of our races, you are invited to check us out at any of out monthly races. And our racers will let you borrow a car to track test and/or race.
Working...
X