Guide post to rear axle length?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guide post to rear axle length?

I was curious what the different guide post to rear axel lenghts were between the different Scaleauto 1/24 models . I have the Porsche 997 and it is 117.5 mm center guide post to center of the rear axle.
    Last edited by zipdrive; 08-31-2014, 08:13 AM.

Normally a car with longer Guide Post Center (GPC) to Rear AXle centerline (RAX) will be a bit easier to drive - smoother if you would.

Couple that with a bit longer RAX to Front AXle centerline (FAX) and you have a car that's hard to beat. The Slot.It Lola LMP cars all have that characteristic. Try one, you'll like it.

Comment

That was my thought in trying to collect the guide to rear axle measurements for the 1/24 gt cars. I didn't see them posted and I know there is some variance depending on where you set up your guide. At least it would give everyone an idea of the range available between the different models.
      I also race the Lola and it is my best non-mag 1/32 car.
      Last edited by zipdrive; 08-31-2014, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Can someone measure the guide post to rear axle length for the Viper? Thanks.

Comment

Will do, setting one up today

Setting a Viper up for Saturdays races at the ScaleRacing Center. Call or come by. Open at 10.00 am. Will probably be building cars for new racers then races will start.
          $15.00 per race, or $35.00 per race we supply you with race prepped car and DS-0128 Controller. Race 10 races and car and controller become yours.
          Saves $150.00 on entry fees, second race of the day is BRM @ $10.00.

We are also starting the Sunday race program this weekend. 10.00am.
          Alan Smith
          SCI Owner.
          www.scaleracing.com
          www.slotcarillustrated.com
          www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
          www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Rough measurement

Rough measurement on the Porsche vs the Viper, the Porsche comes in around 117mm from guide post to rear axle and the Viper about 119mm.
            I would measure more accurately but people are racing my cars.
            Alan Smith
            SCI Owner.
            www.scaleracing.com
            www.slotcarillustrated.com
            www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
            www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Alan, I have a question about bumper overhang, as well as centre of gravity with and without the driver.

Could you get right back to me on this?

Comment

Originally posted by Wet Coast Racer View Post
                Alan, I have a question about bumper overhang, as well as centre of gravity with and without the driver.

Could you get right back to me on this?

Lightweight aluminum bumpers and hollow casting drivers negate any ill effects.

Comment

Of course the bumper could be glass fibre with Al effect paint ......... not aluminium to be even lighter.

Comment

Originally posted by dansula View Post
                    Of course the bumper could be glass fibre with Al effect paint ......... not aluminium to be even lighter.
                    By God, you're cunning!

Comment

Working...
                    X