ScaleAuto Tyre truer Mrk 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ScaleAuto Tyre truer Mrk 2

Hi all I have just added the latest edition of the ScaleAuto tyre truer to my tool kit and have only just given it a quick test run. I have two other truers the Slotcars.it and the NSR units.
    I have a couple of questions re the new drum if anyone has had experience with this one.
    The drum is a one piece drum with 120 grit surface with an easy change abrasive drum. I understand that there are 80 and 180 grit available.
    So the questions are:-
    The machine looks like the standard drum has a non-removable grinding surface unlike the original machine which had removable abrasive rolls is that correct?
    Do I need to purchase another drum to take the different grit abrasive rolls or will these fit over the standard unit?
    The 120 grit drum does not leave a very fine finish on foam tyres (I mainly use ScaleAuto 1:24 foams or Plafit foams) is there a method of finishing off with a finer grit without changing the drum/roll and does this still provide an accurate set of tyres?
    Can you provide the part numbers for the required items.

Kind Regards

Ray

Ray,

Good luck with the new tire truer, and getting information. Was ready to pull the trigger on the original model just as it was no longer available during the changeover to the new model. It has been very difficult to get definitive information about the new model. Have not been able to find any reviews, videos, etc; so far anyway.

From what information has been found, it looks like the abrasive sleeves are not compatible with the new abrasive embedded drums. So, changing grit means having to change the whole drum (and buy the drums).

Anyone with more accurate information, please chime in.

Mc

Comment

Just glue what ever grit paper you want to the drum, problem solved....

Comment

We recalled all the Scaleauto Mark II Tire machines.

All the Scaleauto tire machines we supplied in North America were recalled due to an out of spec part
        Once replacement parts are received we will be shipping these out again.
        I will have more answers in the next few days.
        Alan Smith
        SCI Owner.
        www.scaleracing.com
        www.slotcarillustrated.com
        www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
        www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Alan,

Thank you much for the information.

Mc

Comment

Spoke with Scaleauto and will be receiving service parts soon.

The parts to replace out of spec parts on the first Scaleauto Mark ll Tire Machines will be shipping with our next Scaleauto shipment from China.

Hopefully we can get that processed by the end of November and get this tool into the Markeplace.

I have done a lot of testing with the new machine and it is an improvement on the Mark I version. Mainly that is supports both ends of the axle the tires are mounted on.

The cutting drum is the only drum available right now from Scaleauto no extra drums are planned the instruction sheet and box are in error stating there are 3 drums.

More news soon.
            Alan Smith
            SCI Owner.
            www.scaleracing.com
            www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Thanks for the replys everyone, Alan what were the out of spec parts you mentioned?

As I am in Australia I am not sure if mine came with the out of spec psrts.

A quality trurer but I would like to get a finner finish on my tyres if I could.

Would the mark 1 drums fit this new version?

Cheers

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Scaleracing View Post
                The parts to replace out of spec parts on the first Scaleauto Mark ll Tire Machines will be shipping with our next Scaleauto shipment from China.

Hopefully we can get that processed by the end of November and get this tool into the Markeplace.

I have done a lot of testing with the new machine and it is an improvement on the Mark I version. Mainly that is supports both ends of the axle the tires are mounted on.

The cutting drum is the only drum available right now from Scaleauto no extra drums are planned the instruction sheet and box are in error stating there are 3 drums.

More news soon.
                Are there any new developments on the tire truer?

Thanks,
                Mc

Comment

Waiting to move a shipment from Spain

I need to move a shipment from Scaleauto in Spain to get the service parts so I can repair then release the Tire Machines I recalled last year.
                  As soon as I have enough money to move a new shipment these will be released.
                  It hurts sitting on inventory paid for since early last Summer but I will not out product in the Market that I am not happy with the operation of.
                  So hopefully I can finance the next shipment soon and release these Tire machines.
                  Alan Smith
                  SCI Owner.
                  www.scaleracing.com
                  www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Thank you.

Mc

Comment

Well, was interested in this truer but not as excited now. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
                      X