BMW Z4 GT3 RT3 chassis replacement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMW Z4 GT3 RT3 chassis replacement

Hi all just setting up a Z4 GT3 with the RT3 chassis, was a little disappointed that both the front axle blocks split when I placed in the grub screws. Took all the usual precautions, lubricated the thread and hex screw etc.

Have glued up in a fashion so should be ok but I am looking to get another chassis I think it is the SWB right one, part number SC-6622 but can not see this for sale anywhere can someone confirm the chassis part please?

It does not look like they sell the front axle blocks from what I can see on the web.

Cheers
    Ray

Hi Ray, that is really bad luck

Is this of any help to you? http://www.132slotcar.us/store/produ...oducts_id=6909
    Last edited by slotbutton; 12-26-2015, 08:40 AM. Reason: Removed link to non sponsor

Comment

Originally posted by longdog View Post
      Hi Ray, that is really bad luck

Is this of any help to you?
      Hi longdog sorry should have said that it is the 1:32 chassis not the 1:24.

Ray
      Last edited by slotbutton; 12-26-2015, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Ray

Changed the link in Longdog's post as it was to a non sponsor.

http://www.132slotcar.us/store/produ...oducts_id=6909

If there is a part available 132 should have it, contact them if it shows out of stock as you never know your luck.

Darren

Comment

"front axle blocks"

Hey "RAT"..Ray

Ya that's the right chassis number and right now I think it's "pre-order" now over @ Alan's,and I think you are correct the axle mount(s) is not separate anyhow. One thought (I think you considered this) is to install a pair of SCC Axel Mounts in their place.

As far as breakage, I had a near similar case in using one of the Shapeways in a Lola T70 I'm modding, not really breakage, but rather as I installed a 2mm grub screw (I assume the grub screws you have are 2mm) it was very tight and as I carefully tried to install them I was removing "plastic" on the grub screw, my way around that was to very carefully "ream" out the "pre-drilled" hole with a 1/16" drill. This removed just a very small amount of material (approx .005/side) but left enough to hold the grub screw. The drill is about .0625 where as the grub is approx .078. The install of the grubs then went in much easier and seem to be holding.

Just a couple thoughts on this.....oh ya a late very MERRY CHRISTMAS ....

Dick

Comment

Originally posted by slotbutton View Post
            Ray

Changed the link in Longdog's post as it was to a non sponsor.

http://www.132slotcar.us/store/produ...oducts_id=6909

If there is a part available 132 should have it, contact them if it shows out of stock as you never know your luck.

Darren
            Apologies for this and thanks for correcting my error.

Comment

Hi Ray,
              I'm not 100% sure on this but I may have a couple spare of these front pillar blocks. I bought an Arrow BMW a while back that runs an RT3 chassis and I think it came with 2 spares as well. Anyway I'm up north on holiday at present but when I get back to Adelaide next week I'll have a rummage in the junk box and get back to you.
              Alan

Comment

Originally posted by lenny broke View Post
                Hi Ray,
                I'm not 100% sure on this but I may have a couple spare of these front pillar blocks. I bought an Arrow BMW a while back that runs an RT3 chassis and I think it came with 2 spares as well. Anyway I'm up north on holiday at present but when I get back to Adelaide next week I'll have a rummage in the junk box and get back to you.
                Alan
                Thanks Alan that would be great.

Cheers

Ray

Comment

Thanks for all of the suggestions everyone, let me know when you are back Alan.

Ray

Comment

Working...
                  X