More questions for Alan and others

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More questions for Alan and others

I read over Alan's rules and I could not find anything that addresses weight tuning. Am I correct to assume that no weight tuning is allowed?

What is the difference between Scaleauto SC-0025b and SC-0026 motors? Is one faster than the other? I am not even sure I know which is installed in my Porsche 911. How can I tell which one I have? (sorry if this is a stupid question - I am new to Scaleauto).

The rules allow for the carbon wing with rubber supports. I think that I may go in this direction. What has been your experience with the carbon/rubber wing? If I use the Carbon/rubber wing do I need to attach the winglets to make it legal? In some of our non Scaleauto classes we fortify the wings and supports with piano wire glued on with Devcon plastic welder. Is this legal? It is legal if we use Shoegoo to mount the piano wire?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Hi Rich,

I believe your Matmut Porsche came with the original Sprinter motor. It is pretty equal to the current Sprinter 2 (SC-0025B) motor. The new cars now come with the Endurance (SC-0026) motor. Our track is tight and twisty. We prefer the Sprinter 2 motor. It seems to have a little more acceleration and brakes. The Endurance motor might be faster on a longer, more flowing track.

I will let Alan answer the rules questions.

Chris

Comment

Hi Rich

I'll answer as best I can and I've entered most of Alan's races on the West Coast but he'll chime in if I'm wrong!

I read over Alan's rules and I could not find anything that addresses weight tuning. Am I correct to assume that no weight tuning is allowed?
      No Weight tuning allowed at all!

What is the difference between Scaleauto SC-0025b and SC-0026 motors? Is one faster than the other? I am not even sure I know which is installed in my Porsche 911. How can I tell which one I have? (sorry if this is a stupid question - I am new to Scaleauto).
      Honestly have to leave this to Alan, I believe there is a select ratio for each motor but from memory there is little performance difference other than one may suit your driving style over another

The rules allow for the carbon wing with rubber supports.

Yes

I think that I may go in this direction.

Again Honestly not worth it!

What has been your experience with the carbon/rubber wing?

Easier to use stock wing

If I use the Carbon/rubber wing do I need to attach the winglets to make it legal?

Yes

In some of our non Scaleauto classes we fortify the wings and supports with piano wire glued on with Devcon plastic welder. Is this legal?

NOOO!

It is legal if we use Shoegoo to mount the piano wire?

NO but see other suggestions

Any other suggestions?

Best solution so far is either fortifying uprights/mounts with Shoegoo or attaching foam rubber supports too the stock mounts. We have found stock mounts that have shoegoo tend to be quite flexible and rarely break.
      Make sure bearing carriers are nicely aligned so the wheels run free. Blue print everything once it's all aligned use loctite there is enough vibration to work everything loose. Blue loctite is best as it can be loosened. I have found having some acetone around helps if you find the loctite won't release.
      Shoegoo interior parts in body and cockpit as they can come loose in a crash.

Other than that have fun

Darren

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X