Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the status of Scaleauto tire cleaner?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the status of Scaleauto tire cleaner?

I have been unable to find Scaleauto tire cleaner. I have contacted Scaleauto and they suggested contacting Alan. On the past order I placed last week with Alan's store I asked when it would be in stock and the answer I got is they don't know. Does anyone know what it the status of when it will be in stock?
    I've even tried ordering outside of the USA and can't find it. Anyone know where I can find any? or the best substitute? Love Scaleauto cars but getting frustrated with the company. ~Ron
    Last edited by keechracer; 07-20-2016, 06:13 PM. Reason: correction

The liquid or the machine?

Comment

the liquid SC-5000

SC-5000 Scaleauto tire cleaner liquid. I can only find SC-5301 Scaleauto Tire Grip which isn't allowed at our club. ~Ron

Comment

Right now awaiting new production

I had instructed Chris to let you know we are waiting for Scaleauto to produce again.

Last time I ordered they were out of stock at the Factory.

Also once available I will need to wait until I can place a large enough order to make it affordable.

Tire Machines are in stock though
        Alan Smith
        SCI Owner.
        www.scaleracing.com
        www.slotcarillustrated.com
        www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
        www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Alternative

Hi Alan,
          Thank you for the response. We have races scheduled to run foam tires. What do you suggest we use as a short term alternative? ~Ron

Comment

Try tape, where I race, and at all Australian national events, chemicals on tyres is not allowed.

Comment

Tyre cleaner

In Australia we use masking tape,lint rollers or Shellite(cigarette lighter fluid) to clean tyres. Shellite being the only chemicals allowed on the tyres. No tyre treatments to soften or give more grip is allowed.Some racers just use the standard masking tape others use the blue painters tape.

Comment

Thanks for the info

Thanks to all. Alan called me and explained the situation with the back order. Regarding using tape some of the racers use tape on rubber tires never thought about it for foam tires. ~Ron

Comment

Alan has Scaleauto cleaner for those in need.

Comment

I have a bottle of the Scale Auto Tire Cleaner and it is amazing how it smells a lot like Coleman Lantern fuel. I used some of the Coleman stuff the other day and I could not tell the difference.

Comment

If you have an empty applicator, might as well put some lighter fluid into it, but be sure to mark it somehow so that you don't forget that it's not the same stuff. You don't want to be using lighter fluid on your tires if the rules allow only the ScaleAuto cleaner, even if you can't "smell" the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFlippant View Post
                        If you have an empty applicator, might as well put some lighter fluid into it, but be sure to mark it somehow so that you don't forget that it's not the same stuff. You don't want to be using lighter fluid on your tires if the rules allow only the ScaleAuto cleaner, even if you can't "smell" the difference.

To be quite honest I have many different types of tire conditioner from suntan lotion to several types of Trinity traction agents to SXT which is a favorite in RC racing to a product called Track Claw which is a tire softener used on 1 to 1 racecar tires. The clubs I race with use NSR traction oil and the other only wants you to use lighter fluid. The funny thing is that the other things I mentioned can be applied the night before and allowed to dry before the next days race. Do they all work, most likely not, however, it is great having the options as it gives me a mental advantage if not an actual advantage.

Comment

Working...
                        X