Noisy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noisy

Recently delved into the Scaleauto cars. The cars are awesome, except for how loud they are going around the track. Tried quieting them down, but to no avail. Any suggestions?

Just joking......noise cancelling headphones ?? LOL

Comment

Sound deadening is a tedious process. The windows could be vibrating, the interior or something in it, the headlights or tail lights, bumpers, etc. The plastic welds that they use to fasten each detail can loosen. I generally remove them and glue each piece in place. After the body, the chassis could be vibrating as well. Good luck and take it step by step.

Comment

1/32 or 1/24? The big cars with their metal chassis can be rattly.

Comment

They are all built the same with the hot iron plastic welds.

Comment

1/32. I have glued every piece of trim, glass, interior, even tightened down all the screws on the chassis(which I don't like to do), and they are still sounding like a rattle trap.

Comment

"sounding like a rattle trap"

Morning HH

Try removing body and power it up "like in your hand" or on test stand.....now what ?

With the body off check rear end axle end play (side to side), could be too loose causing gear noise

Good luck

Dick

Comment

noisy

I have had scaleauto cars that are very noisy.Here's a couple tips
                1. Are you running on rubber? if so make sure the tires are trued.
                2. If you are on rubber switching to foam will quite and make the car faster.
                3. Make sure there is clearance on the interior where the spur gear. I've had some porsches that hit the interior. Dremel it around the spur gear
                4. Put some grease under the H plate and the 4 screws that keep it in place. IT is metal on metal going up and down. MAke sure it is not too thick to limit H Plate movement.
                ~Ron

Comment

Run it without the body on the track. That may help you determine if it's the body of chassis.

Comment

Is the noise metal on metal sound or plastic squeeking. Shoe goo to the inside of the body will stiffen it and help in accidents. Run some around the supports on the inside where the body hangers attach to the chassis and also all around the interior. When the car flexes the interior will rattle if it is not secured. They are great cars but need to be blueprinted and shoe gooed first. ~Ron

Comment

These are 1/32. Just a rattling, all is secure body and chassis. Checked everything. Just noisy cars I suppose, weird. So used to how quiet the Slot it's run, and others, when I got these 3 Scaleauto cars I expected the same. Already hit all the interior and glass, trim tabs with a little dab of C/A, didn't do anything. Not about to shoe goo the inside of the body, I'll have a mess that's for sure.

Comment

Sorry, I thought you had 1/24. I've never bought a 1/32 but some guys I raced with did and they swapped the rubber rear tires to the front and ran foam tires to make them faster on wood track.
                        Just a thought. ~Ron

Comment

Are these home series cars or are they pod chassis cars?

Randy

Comment

I use grease on the pinion/crown gear to reduce chatter more than improve lubrication.

Comment

If the cars have the front height adjustable set screws, this might be your rattle, Ive had this happen before and went nuts trying to find the rattle and after I tweaked them a hair without binding the front axle most of the rattle went away.

DE38

Comment

Working...
                              X