No announcement yet.

Noisy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pod chassis. I did the same with the front axle set screws, thinking about sleeving the axle.

Comment

Running in gears, regardless if they are metal plastic etc., with red rubbing compound and grease to polish them to fit properly. In some cases, this process can take an hour or so. As the motor runs (I run them at 3 volts) you can actually hear the noise calm down and motor pitch will go higher. When I have them running smoothly and quiet, I clean them up with lighter fluid or alcohol and reapply a little grease for racing. Gear mesh is critical that takes some trial and error to get just right. Some racers use cellophane or thin plastic bag between them and tighten them.

Comment

On my cars, I have found the rear axle and the motor are very close. I took the motor out and removed the wrapping near the axle, there was rubbing. You could also replace the axle with one sold by Slot.It that is turned down in this area. I also made sure the motor didn't move around. I use Goop to hold a motor in it's mount if I can't use screws.

Comment

Working...
        X