crown gear loose on SC6028 1/32 BMW z4 Goodsmile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crown gear loose on SC6028 1/32 BMW z4 Goodsmile

The car is stock and has only been run for about 5 minutes total, until now. I just chipped it for Scaley digital and started testing it. I noticed an intermittent whirring sound and it started turning slower lap times. In checking it, the crown gear is loose!

Being that this is my first Scaleauto car, I do not have any idea what size the allen setscrew is, and definitely do not have an allen wrench that size. Also, should the crown gear have 2 set screws? It has a threaded hole for another one, but I am not sure it is really needed. I am not planning on any serious racing with it.

Are all the set screws on this car the same size, or would I need multiple wrenches to work on it?

I also noticed the adjustable holder for the guide flag has cracks on both sides where the set screws are. I hate to complain, but are these issues normal for new Scaleauto cars straight out of the box?
    Last edited by oneredz; 01-27-2017, 08:22 PM.

Hi, can I suggest you call Alan (he's the SCI Site Owner, but also the Distributor for Scaleauto).

It being Friday night, chances are good that you'll find him at the track; I'm sure he'll have the answers to your questions right off the top of his head.

Me, if I find a gear with two setscrew holes, I would use both just to make certain.

Alan's at 1.253.255.1807 - his store will probably be open tomorrow also, contact info there is on that page. Hope this helps, I'm sure he'll be able to solve the problems with that car.

Comment

Thanks Wet Coast, I will try to check in with Alan tomorrow.

All of the grub screws appear to be about the same size, but I am not sure. I ordered a 0.9mm wrench a few days ago in the hope that it is the correct one. If not, I have some RC stuff that will need it for sure.

Comment

Update. Poking around in one of my toolboxes last night, I found one of my multi mini bit screwdrivers with a 0.9 hex adapter and it fit. All the grub screws on the car are 0.9mm.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X