Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scaley Monte Carlo, chomping at the bit.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scaley Monte Carlo, chomping at the bit.

Mr. Kennedy, I hope that you can get your hands on one of the Monte Carlos and do a sort of evaluation and test of this new car. Being in the Middle of NASCAR Country and having been a race fan from the days of Buck Baker, Bob, Tim and Fonty Flock I can not wait to add in my racing stable as a companion to my Scaley #90 Donleavy Ford. I think this could be a possible home run with the help of aftermarket decal makers. Dave, I do have one question, depending on the sales of the Monte Carlo do you think that there might be more NASCAR type cars in the "Pipe Line"? Such as the 70s Monte Carlos, 80s T Birds and perhaps other styles that dominated that era of NASCAR racing?

I'm very glad you're excited about this car. I can only answer generally about my thinking:
    • I hate cars with no running mate... take that for as much as I can say at the moment.
    • At the moment we will not be doing actual liveries of racing teams... so only cars in "familiar colors" will be done because the teams who used certain sponsors at the time will not/cannot give us permissions to do the exact racing sponsors.
    • I (we) would prefer to do another type of car and not another Monte Carlo of another year at this point.
    • At the moment the expected release date of these car(s) and set is Sept of this year.
    • At the moment there will be 1 set and 1 solo car released this year.
    • The set cars will be black window cars with no interior, but the solo car WILL have an interior and clear windows.
    • I DO have a sample of the car here at my home office. I WILL have the car with me when I (plan to attend) the Michigan 24 hour race. During that weekend I expect that the guys from Slot Car Corner/Cloverleaf Racing/Slot Car Corner Canada will measure the wheels so that Quick Slicks can be made PRIOR to the release of the cars this year.
    • If someone at that race would be able to get measurements from the chassis they would be able to produce a 3D printed chassis for the car prior to the release of the car... (just sayin')

Comment

I (plan to attend) the Michigan 24 hour race
      Dagnabit... I (most likely) won't be there that weekend!

Comment

I'm expecting some painted samples of the first 2 Monte Carlos to arrive for me to take photos sometime in the next few weeks... until then....

A preview photo of the new C3947 (green) - C3949 (red) Stock Cars that will be released later this year. These will be the solo cars (meaning not in a set).

Comment

Cars are interesting with lots of potential.

Comment

heres an idea

white cars
            let the racer color them

Comment

Originally posted by gorp View Post
              white cars
              let the racer color them
              Will be released next year

Comment

Spotted at UK Slot Car Festival

Scalextric had all the second half of 2018 releases on show and they all looked extremely nice. The Monte Carlos were particularly pleasing to my eye...

The first pair of cars will be released in the set.

Comment

Figures the one I want is in the set. :/

Comment

Originally posted by MrFlippant View Post
                    Figures the one I want is in the set. :/
                    That's Murphy's Law of "set only" cars...

Comment

I'm sooooo excited to get these on the track. Great looking cars for sure.

#davekennedyisourhero

Comment

Originally posted by Z-carfan View Post
                        I'm sooooo excited to get these on the track. Great looking cars for sure.

#davekennedyisourhero

I'm not taking credit for these... they were planned before I got here.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveKennedy View Post
                          I'm not taking credit for these... they were planned before I got here.
                          Dave, We love our Jobs here at Hornby America!!!!

Comment

Even tho I think model cars should be

models of the real deal, I am impressed with these two green and red high-lighted liveries. While racing, and if they go by in a blur, you almost see Bu.....er on the red one racing against the green Sk..l car and that's O.K. with this guy. Now that I've got grandkids coming over to race there's no need to tempt them with beer or chewin tobaccy advertising on them thar Chevvies. I think the guy or team who thought up these liveries deserves my admiration certainly. Also I bet they are more affordable to us, the consumers, and less costly to produce for Hornby without having to grease the palms that are over-greased in my opinion. Maybe even a couple of lawyers are doing this

Fine with me.

Comment

Originally posted by AJK View Post
                              Dave, We love our Jobs here at Hornby America!!!!
                              Yes, Eddie... yes we do.

Comment

Working...
                              X