Replacement parts for Original Scalextric

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement parts for Original Scalextric

What is a good source to buy replacement tires for the original 1958-1963ish Scalextric cars? I put some extra tires from some newer monogram cars on their and they work great. Does anyone know the exact replacement dimensions for these cars?

Also, how about replacement motor brushes?

The only place that I know of with replacement brushes for a FC130 motor is kenonhobby dot com. They are silver/carbon and are listed under Motors & ESC. I don't know of anyone that sells copper/carbon replacement brushes. If you search ebay very cheap FC130 motors are available directly from China, you could use the brushes from those.

Comment

Brushes for the open frame motors are available from Scalex Restorations in the UK.

Comment

Scalextric vintage parts.

Hi.

Pendleslots and Slotcity in the UK both have vintage parts. Trademe NZ can also sometimes be a good source of vintage parts.

Some of the model railway suppliers may also have replacement brushes for the old open frame motors.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Comment

Hello, RSSlotracing in the UK, carries a complete line of Ortmann tires for the vintage Scaley cars. The tires are listed by Scalextric model, so choosing them is easy, and the tires look and perform great.

In the "Manufacturers Direct" section on this forum, you will find a section "SweetNovember68".......here you will find some repro motor brushes for the Scaley FJ motors.......these brushes are a significant improvement over the originals.......the motors will run much better with these !!

Cheers
          Chris Walker
          Last edited by chrisguyw; 05-30-2018, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Chris, is "SweetNovember68" still an active participant? The last post from them was 2013. I sent an PM enquiry a few years ago and never heard from them. It's a shame if they dropped off as I was interested in their product.

Cheers
            Dave

Comment

Originally posted by DB9 View Post
              Chris, is "SweetNovember68" still an active participant? The last post from them was 2013. I sent an PM enquiry a few years ago and never heard from them. It's a shame if they dropped off as I was interested in their product.

Cheers
              Dave
              Hi Dave, I have not contacted them personally in a while, but, I do know of a few folks that have..with success. If you are interested in the motor brushes, give me a shout, as I likely have a pair or two spare. They really help the FJ motors.

Cheers
              Chris Walker

Comment

Hi Chris, I would be interested in spare FJ brushes if you are willing to part with them. Let me know how you want to handle it via PM or I can send you my email.

Thanks Dave

Comment

Working...
                X