ARC AIR cars going crazy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARC AIR cars going crazy

hello. I have an arc air on my permanent track about 30ft long. Not the major problem but maybe important info i don't know but i can not connect to the new app. the blue and gold one. I have to use the blue and white one to connect to the base unit. Info there says APP: 1.5.0 FIRMWARE 2.3 HARDWARE 1.0.1 CONTROLLER HOST 0.11.
    OK on the red lane (the lane closest to the arc base) is the problem lane if i turn on just the red controller and run my revoslot with the wheels up the red light on controller goes out and car stops for a few secs then comes back on and runs for a sec then off and repeats. If i have both controllers on and hold the car on the red lane and give it throttle on and off a few times the car just keeps running with no input from the controller. I have a scalextric car with a slot.it motor in it and it will do the same thing. my stock scaleys don't do this ...do i need to put a ferrite man on these cars? Am i sending noise to the ARC unit with these non stock cars? I know I would need them on digital but on analog too? or at least the one on the motor? P.S. green lane is fine even when i switch controllers.
    Thanks for reading,
    wet.

Gee, and they call me 'Wet'. Maybe you should be Wet 2. eh?

No doubt Dave K or Tony K or maybe our resident expert Greg (Mr. Flippant) will be able to help with your query.

Comment

A ferrite man on the motors might not be a bad idea. The EMI the motors generate might be causing problems. If you don't have any, just test the idea by moving one from a Scalextric car to one of the cars that always has this problem.
      They might also be too hot for the base and exceeding it's ability to drive them reliably, but I think that's less likely.

Comment

Thank you MrFlippant will do. I'LL get one off another car. is there a more powerful wall power unit i can get and \ or would it be any benefit to me.

Comment

Putting more power through the Scalextric base is not a good idea.
          If you are exceeding the capability of the Arc Air base maybe it is time to move to a more robust system..Scalextric tend to design for the power capabilities of their cars. Using higher amp draw motors may cause issues. But pushing more amperage through the base than designed is not the answer. Or not something I would recommend.
          We have seen higher draw motors pt the Arc Air base into protect or overload mode.

Alan Smith
          SCI Owner.
          www.scaleracing.com
          www.slotcarillustrated.com
          www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
          www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

I was told unofficially by Hornby that if you stay under 4 amps you should be OK... I think there is a 2.5 amp power supply out there that might help.

Comment

Well this A.M. i put a old scaley (that has no capacitor on it) stock motor on the red lane and after a few bleeps of the throttle it stuck with power on.... i then put a new scaley on track and it did the same thing. so i reconnect the controller ( buy holding down the button on base then turning on the controller and it stopped doing it and ran fine for about twenty laps then had to head to work...i'm at a loss with this thing. All I can think of is the motor is interfering with the signal to that lane or the controller?

Comment

Does it only happen on one lane?
                Try pairing the controllers to opposite lanes and see if the problem stays in the lane, or moves with the controller. If it moves with the controller, it's points to the controller. Make sure it has fresh batteries, just to be sure. If the problem stays with that lane, make sure you're trying all your cars on both lanes to see if the problem happens more or less with the same cars or lanes.

Comment

I'ts just the one lane ..the red lane closest to the base. I did pair controllers to the other lane ( to swap controllers) and red lane still did it.

Comment

Sounds like the electronics that power that lane are defective. Send it back.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFlippant View Post
                      Sounds like the electronics that power that lane are defective. Send it back.
                      I'd agree with this.

Comment

I did ask Wetspot to send the parts to me and I will service repair or replace no charge. I will always support Scalextric Product 100%
                        I am happy to help.
                        Last edited by Scaleracing; 03-21-2019, 02:06 PM.
                        Alan Smith
                        SCI Owner.
                        www.scaleracing.com
                        www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Originally posted by Scaleracing View Post
                          I did ask Wetspot to send the parts to me and I will service repair or replace no charge. I will always support Scalextric Product 100%
                          I am happy to help.
                          Mr. Smith was right upfront with me about sending my Arc Air to him and he would make it right no questions asked and gave me some advice on other options If the product did not fit my needs.
                          Kudos to you for great customer care !!

I'm just trying to nail down the problem (It just doesn't do it all the time)...We ran newer stock scaleys last night for a few hours and it was flawless I can live with that. So I'll just keep doing that if it works fine than I will need to decide.
                          Thanks again Scaleracing!
                          wet.

Comment

An idea, why not fit a Scalextric motor in your RevoSlot and see if that solves the problem. Fit with all the filters a Scalextric car comes with.

But does this problem happen with newer Scalextric cars as well and, as others have stated, if it does and only I lane I would go with a bad base.

RevoSlot and other higher draw cars here can shut down the Arc Air Base. In fairness to Scalextric the Arc Air system is designed around their latest product line of cars.

I will test here with an early Scalextric car to see what happens.
                            Alan Smith
                            SCI Owner.
                            www.scaleracing.com
                            www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Ok guys, I put a button capacitor 103M on my scalextric car with the V12 slot.it motor ( this was a problem car ) and it ran with NO PROBLEMS!!!!! Then the big test my revoslot supra! Well I put a capacitor on it and IT RAN GREAT ALSO !!!! . Last time the revoslot went around my track was when it was brand new took it out of the box put it on the track went around 2 turns controller sticks down the long back straight and the DARN thing went screaming wide open all the way to the next turn guard rail over it then into the boarder then slams into the wall. All smashed up...maaan was I upset. well I told you that story so you guys would understand how happy I am to get this controller stuff sorted out. Im going to run many more laps in them ( did about 20 in each before I came in to post) and if all goes well I'll let you guys know this is a fix.
                              p.s. if you know why it helped or have an idea why..... like to hear it. I have my own.
                              Thanks for the interest in this post.
                              wet.

Comment

Working...
                              X