No announcement yet.

ARC AIR cars going crazy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electric motors create electromagnetic interference. The controllers are wireless.
    Apparently those motors, without the EMI supression, were bad enough to interfere with the wireless controllers, causing loss of control.
    Scalextric, and most "toy" slot cars, come with the caps on already. Slot.it are including them on newer production models as well, I believe.

Comment

On my digital track i have installed capacitors below the track on each lane. This might be a good idea for arc air based tracks also. Perhaps it will not be neccessary to put capacitors into the cars.

Comment

When I tested ARC ONE: slotcarp.wordpress.com/#FirstRun (I am not sure if a direct link is allowed to be honest...) I had Artin cars cause the APP to go crazy. They never ran off by themselves but there was definitely electromagnetic interference.

Comment

Originally posted by DVD3500 View Post
          ...but there was definitely electromagnetic interference.
          How can you be sure? Perhaps it was the 3rd, 5th or 9th harmonic...

Comment

Originally posted by dinglebery View Post
            How can you be sure? Perhaps it was the 3rd, 5th or 9th harmonic...
            Let's just call it interference. ... basicially as soon as I pulled the trigger the APP went crazy...

Comment

tested arc one without app using strombeckers and mrrc which all ran nicely
              and of course use standard scaly analog lap counter for that purpose

Comment

"gorp" tested arc one without app using strombeckers and mrrc which all ran nicely
                and of course use standard scaly analog lap counter for that purpose[/

The Arc Air was what I WAS having the problem with. The 103m fixed it. We have put alot of laps in now with no problems!
                Last edited by wetspot; 03-28-2019, 03:35 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
                X