No luck finding an "F" motor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No luck finding an "F" motor

I need some help finding an F motor or slim can motor. I was at the big wood track trying to tune the Ford GTE into shape (no easy task a few of us are finding out) but... I burnt up the motor in it. I have looked into a review of the car and it said the motor was “Slimline” Tested: 26,800 @ 12 VDC. I would like to stay with that RPM (or what ever it is stock) as a few of us have them. I have had no luck finding one any ideas? I found some china ones but dont know how they would last.

This is a FF-050 motor with a 1.5mm diameter shaft?

Comment

I really dont know other than what I have heard it referred to is a slim line, F, and FF motor. I checked the shaft and it is a 1.5 mm with what looks like a 2 mm shim for the pinion.

Comment

Most suppliers carry these motors under various listings and name brands.
        It is a Slimline,FF050 size can. Check with the advertisers on this Forum.

Comment

SOB! I found one at 132slotcars...why why did I not look there first. Phil the hard part is getting one with a 13mm long shaft.

Comment

I checked and I found Scalextric FF-050 replacement motors on the Electric Dreams site. I checked the Slot Car News motor list, which has not been updated for several years, and the closest motor of that type was a Scale Auto SC 18 Tech-2, those may no longer be available. Carrera F1 motors are available and they should have similar performance to the Scalextric motors.

Comment

If the motor in your car is A Scalex Silver can then it is o lay about 22,000 RPM.
              All of the Scalex Slim Motors have the long shaft, I have to cut them off !

Comment

The Scaleauto SC-0018 is an old motor last produced in 2015.
                I do have the Klasse 1 motors I checked stock. Those are listed as 35,000 rpm.
                Alan Smith
                SCI Owner.
                www.scaleracing.com
                www.slotcarillustrated.com
                www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
                www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Kalbfell View Post
                  All of the Scalex Slim Motors have the long shaft, I have to cut them off !
                  Hello wetspot.......most Scaley FF050 motors, and most aftermarket FF050 motors (Scaleauto, M/T, Policar, etc.) do NOT have a 13mm motor shaft, so it is certainly worth asking before buying.

The 13mm motor shafts have appeared in some of the newer Scaley F1 cars, and are now being used in some of their newer releases....(Ford GTE included) While the "older" Scaley FF050 motors do have a 9mm(ish) motor shaft, and do need to be trimmed for some applications, they are too short, and need to be extended (which is not really recommended) for use in some of the newer Scaley models.

Cheers
                  Chris Walker
                  Last edited by chrisguyw; 05-14-2019, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your input on this guys. After this FF motor mess and looking at my parts I have decided to put a slot.it inline s can motor pod in it. At the track the car has no class to run in because of the ole FF motor ....so ill turn it into an plastic chassis open class runner. The car has some handling issues anyway so the slot it axle and wheels may help that as well. I will have to alter the interior of the car just a bit but want to keep it in the car..... well lets see how it goes!
                    Last edited by wetspot; 05-15-2019, 04:08 AM. Reason: added more info

Comment

All done !! Took it to the wood track last night and it ran well for the shake down run. Running a 23,000 s can with a 9/24 gearing and a set of 17.3 wheels and top speed was dead even on the back straight with the other Ford GT GTE (stock) so Im well pleased. IT took me much longer than I was thinking but getting the pod square and a clean install was most important. I call it a scale.it !!

Comment

20190519_201506.jpg slot1.jpg 20190519_201426.jpg here it is interior installed

Comment

Working...
                        X