F1 do not turn wheels?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 do not turn wheels?

Hey guys just got in a new F1 and it does not appear to have turning from wheels (like the ninco F1 do). I could be wrong but I remember owning a scalextric F1 (renault) that did turns wheel?

Did scalextric stop this features on newer cars? why? - or am I mistaken?

Thanks

I can't tell you if they ever had turning front wheels, but I can tell you that when I raced Scalextric F1s back around 2005 or 2006 the front wheels didn't turn.

Comment

um.. maybe I was confusing them with the ninco - it was 2009 last time I had an F1 from scalextric.

Comment

Thank you for your post.

Comment

SCX too

In addition to NINCO, SCX (which is called Scalextric in Spain) has also made F1 cars with front wheels that steer with the guide flag.

Comment

Thank you gentleman.

Comment

Just curious, but do you mean they don't turn or they don't steer?

Focus and you will win!!!

Comment

I meant steering.

Comment

Originally posted by Profoxcg View Post
                  I meant steering.

I have a couple of Ninco Formula Ones that have steerable Wheels. they work great in the Hairpin corners.Because the front wheels don't drag.

Comment

The Fly, etc., March 761 front wheels turn.

Comment

My Fly Lotus had a steering front end until the linkage broke and I glued it straight.

Comment

thanks. For some reason I thought some scalextric did also but I see I was wrong.

Comment

You might not be mistaken. Thinking back to my younger days as a British boy kid, I Googled 'Airfix F1 cars with Ackerman Steering' to see what came up.

I'm hopeful that the management won't mind that general Google Search link, despite the eBay stuff etc. You'll come across some interesting items as you check out some of the articles and images.

Comment

There are Scaleys from many years ago with steering front wheels.

Comment

Working...
                            X