Carerra/Scaley Incompatibility?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carerra/Scaley Incompatibility?

If Carerra cars have a longer pickup vane for their deeper slot, does this mean a Carerra car will bottom out in the shallower Scaley slot?

Thanks,
    Pit Stop

They will have issues on the R1 turns. You can also use a Carrera replacement guide that will work fine for Scaley.

Comment

the only issues you'll ever have on scalextric sport track, with Carrera cars, is if you have any R1 curves, and the wider Carrera guide blade. Some of the newer Carrera cars are including a narrower guide blade and that poses no problems at all. If you find the Carrera flag is too wide, you can lightly sand the sides of the flag, to make it easier to traverse the track.

Additionally, you won't have any real issues with the deeper guide, unless you have some fairly radical track incline/declines.

I run Carrera cars with replacement BRM guides (simple pull out, plug back in) and the thinner Carrera flags in my scalextric sport track all. the. time. no problems at all.

Comment

THANKS, DRIVERS! That's good to know!

Now I can choose among the 2 brands while car shopping!

Pit Stop

Comment

As a general rule, 98% of all 1/32 slot cars will run on any track. You're definitely not limited to brands of cars. Ever.

Comment

Agree most makes of guide blade will fit. Even for those that won't it's only a couple of minutes work to trim the guide so that any car will run in analogue.

Comment

The BRM guides are great. They work with most recent and new Carrera cars. They don't work for older cars, though. For those, you'll need to do some trimming so that they work ok in Scalextric track. The depth will be ok for Sport, but if you have some classic track (or SCX track) then they might bottom out on those pieces. Here's the BRM guides:
              http://www.132slotcar.us/store/produ...oducts_id=5458

Comment

Working...
              X