Anglewinder PCR Chassis Under BMW Z4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anglewinder PCR Chassis Under BMW Z4

Converting the Scalextric BMW Z4 from Scalextric stock to anglewinder Scalextric/Slot.It hybrid. Simple.

Complete Slot.It Porsche 911 GT1 costs less than the sum of it's parts....and you'll have a body & chassis left at the end.
    The Scalextric lights transfer over easily, I need a couple photos of that process.
    The EVO6 motorpod has the left & right arms, I've removed them for this, the removal is not strictly necessary but since those arms have nowhere to attach on the PCR chassis I saw no reason to leave them.

The indicated axle bushing supports interfere with the new motorpod & need to be shortened...or altogether removed.

It all fits but I did have to narrow the rear end a bit from Slot.It stock, just loosen all four setscrews (one each for the wheels, one for the spur & one for the locator) and move them all closer to each other.
    Last edited by 132slotcar.us; 10-29-2015, 05:28 PM.

new scaley Z4

They are a great chassis upgrade. I did one up with a inline slot-it 21K motor to meet our GT2 class rules and it now will run with all the Slot-it cars in that class..

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by JBriggsK9 View Post
      They are a great chassis upgrade. I did one up with a inline slot-it 21K motor to meet our GT2 class rules and it now will run with all the Slot-it cars in that class..

Chris
      What other cars have you upgraded and how have your results been? Do you have some pics you can share?

Comment

Sexy !!!! Now, can we get one for the McLaren MP4/12C ???

Comment

I'm liking it. Very much!

Comment

Ammioz77

The BMW is the only Scaley car I have the aftermarket chassis under, But I have 4 Shapeways chassis under Carrera DTM cars and like the Scaley car it make these cars so much better than the stock chassis. The are set up with a Flat6 slot-it motor and they make great running cars. And one chassis under the Ninco LMP Acura and with a 25k slot-it motor and won the LMP race the first time out with the car.

I think that the new aftermarket chassis be they Scaley or any of the Shapeways chassis will turn poor to so-so running cars and get them running with Slot-it type cars...

Chris

Comment

I just converted my P1. Rear track is a bit narrow for my liking, but it works. I used a 1mm offset sw pod with 15x8s.

It is VERY good.

Comment

whoops

no delete post button?

Comment

Originally posted by redlynr View Post
                  I just converted my P1. Rear track is a bit narrow for my liking, but it works. I used a 1mm offset sw pod with 15x8s.

It is VERY good.
                  Use some axel spacers to widen the track

Comment

The body width prevents this. I am not sticking my wheels out past the body.

Comment

Working...
                    X