Missing rail pin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing rail pin

Just got a new Scalex set and one of the rail connecting pins is missing on a piece of track. Anyone else ever have this problem, or is it a common occurrence?

Nope. VERY uncommon.
    I'd contact Scalextric USA to see if they could just send out a replacement piece of track. It'd be a bit more trouble than it's worth to send back the whole set, which is what the retailer might want, but I guess it depends on the retailer. If they also sell spare track, then maybe they'll be willing to send you a spare.

For that matter, I'm betting someone here would be willing to send you a spare (and then some) for the cost of shipping. If it's from a set, it's probably a standard turn or straight, which most of us have piles of. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if we could even find someone in Texas that has spare for cheap or free, maybe in your home town.

Last resort is to buy a pack of track of the appropriate kind. Usually about $10-15 for a pack of two pieces.

Comment

I bought it directly from Hornby, and am awaiting their reply now. It may be in the box somewhere, I haven't had a chance to check yet. I noticed it last night when a car stalled on a crossover. Temp fix was to use some older desoldering braid I used for an HO experiment previously. Just slid it into the place where the pin should go and glugged the track piece back in.

The missing pin is from one of those Looong mechanical lap counting straight tracks. I got the Scandinavis set (extremely inexpensive) to see if my 9yo and I will like 1:32. I also bought the ARC One, a high detail Camaro, and some half straights, and some aprons in the black Friday sale. I have to say, other than the above hiccup, Total mission success!

Comment

Still awaiting Hornbys reply.

Comment

Don't be afraid to poke them again. I think they even have a phone number.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFlippant View Post
            Don't be afraid to poke them again. I think they even have a phone number.

They do. Tried, and left a few messages.

Its not too big a deal, I just wish they would drop a rail pin to me in the mail. That would be fine with me. The old braid trick is working for now.

Comment

www.132slotcar.us will!!

Call me with an address and we will get you the pin, 1-253-255-1807.
              Happy Holidays
              Alan Smith
              SCI Owner.
              www.scaleracing.com
              www.slotcarillustrated.com
              www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
              www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Atta boy Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Scaleracing View Post
                  Call me with an address and we will get you the pin, 1-253-255-1807.
                  Happy Holidays

Thanks Alan! Mucho Appreciated!

Happy Holidays to you and 132 ... slotcar.us

stu

Comment

Working...
                  X