Lancia lc2-85

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lancia lc2-85

I found a slot.it lancia lc2-85 on sale and was wondering if it would be to fast for a scalextric total super cars set. Set is about 21 total feet. I don't want to get something that will over power the set,but it would be nice to whip my boys on the track.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It will be faster than most stock scalextric cars and maybe a bit fast for your length of track. You can always buy more track sections to increase the length of your setup.

Comment

One way of making sure the Slot.It is not too fast is to put a Scalextric motor in it.

However the best way would to just drive it at eight tenths of it's capabilities.

Go ahead and buy it. Then spend some time making it and you great competition.

Finally, get the boys and show them how it's done.

Comment

Ya I think I I'm going to get it. I plan on making the track longer in time plus there is a good sized track at my local hobby shop. I can race it there. From what I've read there is a lot of different setups and upgrades I can do which would be a good way to learn learn about the cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

With standard Scalextric power

Slot.it motors will not give their best with a standard Scalextric power supply, also this car will certainly overpower the stock controllers.

Also although a Slot.it car is superior in design for racing, as supplied it will probably struggle to beat a good Scalextric car, why? Magnets!!

Scalextric cars are fantastic on stock Scalextric track, but if you plan or have upgraded power and controllers then you will see the advantage of Slot.it, Scaleauto etc type cars.

Lose the magnets and a Scalextric car will struggle to perform, as designed to use a magnet to add grip to the tires.

Slot.it cars come with a magnet, but not as strong or big as a Scalextric so at a disadvantage run stock.

Hope this helps some you can call me anytime if you want a more in depth opinion on the merits of performance Slot Cars on Scalextric Track

Happy Holidays.
          Last edited by Scaleracing; 12-22-2015, 08:05 AM.
          Alan Smith
          SCI Owner.
          www.scaleracing.com
          www.slotcarillustrated.com
          www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
          www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

I see. Might just hold off on it. I doubt I'll ever get into racing mostly will be running at home with the kids. Might be more trouble than it's worth.

Comment

There's a lot of other cars I like I just found this one marked down.

Comment

Originally posted by dm1077 View Post
                I see. Might just hold off on it. I doubt I'll ever get into racing mostly will be running at home with the kids. Might be more trouble than it's worth.

Speaking from my own experience, the first non-Scalextric cars that I bought were 2 Fly Panoz and I was impressed. Then I bought a Slot.it Nissan and it simply blew me away. I ran it on a small Scalextric Sport track at home with stock Scaley controllers, although since then I have changed them for entry-level Parma controllers.

My advice is to get the Slot.it car, you won't regret it!

Comment

About the controllers. What is the difference from the stock ones to the aftermarket ones?

Comment

Trying to give complete good advise

We sell the DS Range of controllers similar to Parma and available. This would give you a quality controller with way more feel for the car.
                    Normally when getting to the level where upgraded controllers are of interest people also upgrade to at least one Scalextic power supply per lane. This would help if you decide to run Slot.it or other high performance Slot cars on your track.

With standard single wall pack power there really is not enough amperage available to run a Sloit.it car to its full potential.
                    If your powerbase allows for 2 power supplies to be plugged in that is a good first upgrade. Along with better controllers.
                    If your base does not then you may want to upgrade your powerbase as well. Which set did you buy?

If running strong magnets 25 ohm would be good if running mild or non magnet xars 35 or 45 ohm is better.
                    Call if you want more help. 1-253-255-1807.

Merry Christmas
                    Alan Smith
                    SCI Owner.
                    www.scaleracing.com
                    www.slotcarillustrated.com
                    www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
                    www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Working...
                    X