Plug Size for Powerbase

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plug Size for Powerbase

My grandson's track has an ARC One system but he has asked to upgrade the controllers. I have ordered a couple of Sport Powerbases (like in the picture but without the controllers) so each lane has its own power. His controllers have alligator clip connections, what size 3-wire plugs do I need for the Powerbases?

Thanks,
    David

Originally posted by dssersgvvz View Post

My grandson's track has an ARC One system but he has asked to upgrade the controllers. I have ordered a couple of Sport Powerbases (like in the picture but without the controllers) so each lane has its own power. His controllers have alligator clip connections, what size 3-wire plugs do I need for the Powerbases?

Thanks,
    David
    Regular mini stereo phono plug maybe? If you have a pair of headphones with a mini plug laying around, you could check the fit. Uh, but please remember to unplug power to the base first.

Comment

Make sure you remove the central plug in the ARC ONE base (see a thread on here about a "brake mod")
      Or check https://slotcarp.wordpress.com/#Conclusion

Comment

Thank you, gentlemen.

Next question (since the powerbases aren't here yet), I am going to use a 25 amp Pyramid power source for this setup. I assume the 16vdc input ports on the powerbases accept standard wall wart plugs. Right?

Thanks again,
        David

Comment

I had some 12v wall warts laying around and tried one out. It fits and works, but I cant remember what they originally came from.

Comment

Another question about Scaley Sport. For the controller plug, is the tip connected to the brakes? From the drawings I have seen, I wired red-tip-brakes. Black-middle-power. white(green)-base-throttle
            Last edited by oneredz; 02-20-2016, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X